In the performance of your respective tasks and duties, all GCBHS employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines, with and without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, guests, and the people we serve.
· Meet all required, and agreed upon, productivity conditions.
· Work effectively as a team member on all assignments.
· Work independently and communicate / coordinate work efforts with colleagues and community partners, as necessary.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Primary responsibility is to provide clinical assessments for admission as well as work with the people we serve in creating an agreed upon plan of treatment.
Also, assists those we serve in gaining knowledge and skills to reduce problems and improve skills to lead healthy, self-sufficient productive lives.
Essential Job Functions
· Must have a firm belief in recovery principles and practices.
· Commits to always act in the best interest of the agency.
· Presents a welcoming environment to the people we serve.
· Understands and adheres to our philosophy of “No Wrong Door” – we are the right place at the right time for the client.
o We assume the client wants help at this time – regardless of their past
o Clients seeking help have had a change of attitude
o There are no restrictions on diagnosis for treatment
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the role trauma plays in recovery and provide trauma informed care, as well as demonstrate core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders; and provide trauma-informed, culturally competent, gender specific, and client-centered services.
· Collects information about the people we serve through assessment, observation and analysis.
· Assists persons in establishing goals and objectives relative to the development of a treatment plan.
· Assists those we serve in developing insight into the need for treatment and how their condition affects various aspects of their lives.
· Must be able to develop rapport with persons utilizing telehealth devices.
· Can dialogue with those we serve about their view of recovery and what that means to them.
· Can assist those we serve in developing insight into how their existing strengths will help them be successful in treatment.
· Can demonstrate knowledge of skills required for effective crisis intervention.
· Can demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in the following, at a minimum: developmental life span; State laws for reporting abuse and neglect; safety planning; and service planning.
· Understands case management / care coordination and the referral, linkage, and advocacy process.
· Can demonstrate a working knowledge about all of the programs and services offered by GCBHS.
· Is committed to utilizing evidenced based practices and interventions.
· Completes projects on time and budget.
· Can work independently and with little supervision.
· Provides evidence based clinical care in accordance with agency policy and procedures and ethical guidelines.
· Assesses own strengths and weaknesses: pursues training and development; strives to build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Knowledge and Skills
· Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, the people we serve, and the community at large.
· Must be task and detail-oriented and possess effective time management skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Integrated Care (Health Home) principles.
· Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize technology as it relates to your position within the organization. (includes software for databases, spreadsheets, and word processing).
· Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, using logic and reason to identify solutions to problems as they arise.
· Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and decision making ability in consideration of the costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Administrative and Clinical best practices.
· Must be able to articulate and model the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Must be committed to utilizing best practice methods to complete tasks.
· Must be willing to promote a team atmosphere and actively participate with the team.
· Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to complete projects, if necessary.
· Must participate in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions, and workshops as requested.
· Must adhere to the highest ethical standards set forth by the agency and, if applicable, your licensing board.
· Must demonstrate knowledge & applicability of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards as they apply to the services we perform. This includes HIPAA security and privacy laws.
· Must maintain all required certifications, licenses, and / or accreditations as needed to fulfill job requirements.
· Must be willing to accept evaluation of services performed and make adjustments accordingly and in a timely manner.
· Must complete all mandatory and required trainings, on-time, upon orientation and annually thereafter.
· Must be willing to provide in-service education / training for others, if asked.
· Must be willing to participate in the agency’s Performance Improvement / Quality Assurance program.
· Most be able to use our electronic medical record system. This work is repetitive, requires long periods of sitting and/or standing and typing and must be done daily.
· Must be able and eligible to drive an agency vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and pass a MVR.
· Must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
· Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be willing to perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or members of the agency’s Leadership Team.
· Must have a current Counseling or Social Work clinical license in good standing in the State of Oklahoma.
Works under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Adult Services.