The general purpose of an Account Services Representative position is to support the Sales and Marketing team and to be the daily point of communication between the customer and GCA's manufacturing & production processes.
Major work functions and desired outcomes
1. Sales & Marketing Manager Support. Support the Sales and Marketing Manager by taking on the day-to-day duties of meeting customer requests & scheduling so that the Sales Manager can focus on new business, customer satisfaction and marketing strategy.
2. RFQ Management. An Account Services Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining a schedule for quoting, trafficking new RFQs to the Estimating Planning Engineer (EPE) and acting as the communication conduit between the customer and the EPE by passing on any engineering or requests for clarification to the customer and delivering the answers to the EPE.
3. Quote Generation. An Account Services Representative is responsible for receiving data from the EPE and rolling it up into a finished JobBoss quote; delivering it electronically to the customer and providing a hard copy quote package to office management for filing.
4. Quote Tracking. An Account Services Representative is responsible for tracking and updating the status of quotes in JobBoss and following up with the customer 1 week prior to the quote's expiration date.
5. Sales Order Generation. An Account Services Representative is responsible for processing customer purchase orders; reconciling the PO to the Quote; communicating any discrepancies to the customer; communicating any needs from production to the customer; and generating a sales order.
6. Customer Support. An Account Services Representative is the first point of contact for the customer and field; he or she will answer and route appropriately all requests and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Marketing Support. An Account Services Representative may be called upon to help with marketing functions such as tradeshow preparation, special-event planning and other implementation of strategy designed to build the GCA brand and internal culture.
Essential vs. non-essential functions of the position
All functions of the Account Services Representative position listed above are essential.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
The qualifications needed to perform the job responsibilities of an Account Services Representative include 2-5 years of experience dealing directly with customers and excellent communication and customer service skills.
Account Services personnel should be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. The ability to learn MRP/ERP software (preferably JobBoss) is necessary. Abilities in Visio, Access, Publisher and graphic software is a plus.
This position must be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding customer information and GCA practices.
An Account Services Representative should be courteous, precise, detailed in all areas of his or her job while performing his or her daily tasks, and must interact well with our customers. We expect our Account Managers to be follow-through focused, detail oriented, and organized.
Basic blue print reading is a preferred skill.
Job descriptions change and evolve; therefore, the duties listed herein may be modified from time to time. Green Country Aircraft reserves the right to amend, add to and/or delete job responsibilities for this position at any time.