Seeking an experienced Senior Buyer to manage the assigned buying activities for the organization. This position requires strategic planning and proactive support for cost reduction initiatives. The candidate will promote and support the SI&OP planning process and inventory optimization initiative.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Utilize available forecast and demand plans to process and expedite purchase orders to meet targeted inventory goals
- Develop strategies for management of slow moving and obsolete inventory including reduction and disposition
- Support Lean Manufacturing strategy and initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with order fulfillment and production scheduling to forecast satisfy demand
- Evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Assist in development of procurement plans to support company programs and projects.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- BS degree or equivalent work experience as a Buyer
- A minimum of six (6) years of related business experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of procurement experience is required.
- Must have experience with ERP systems – Microsoft NAV a plus
- Familiar with international business practices; familiarity with international freight
- Must have worked with a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product design and assembly of bill of materials (BOM) and dependencies.
- Familiar with Lean principles
- Familiar with business finance and accounts payable processes and impact
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong follow up skills, ability to understand and adjust to priorities.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans
- Microsoft Office Experience, Excel concentration
- Ability to create routine reports, presentations and correspondence
- Ability to coordinate and track activities by metrics
Intermittent travel may be required
At Green Circle Growers, we strive to make every day better with the beautiful plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.