Demand Planning Analyst
Green Circle Growers Oberlin, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Green Circle Growers has an immediate fulltime opening for a Demand Planning Analyst I The Demand Planning Analyst I assist’ in developing forecasts on a Customer/SKU level through a collaborative forecast process with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations. This is done through analysis of key data points, usage of forecasting software, excel, active participation in cross functional meetings, and utilizing information from retailer vendor databases.
The Analyst is a member of the demand planning team overseeing accounts that require vendor management. As part of a team, the position is responsible for meeting performance metrics, forecasting requirements, and overall goals for the vendor management retail business unit. This position requires sales analysis and the ability to communicate effectively with teammates (internally and externally) across multiple functional areas.
The ideal candidate must possess demonstrable advanced Microsoft Excel skills to help design and develop reports, and to create tables and charts for customer presentations.
- Reports: Maintain, develop, and provide detailed sales and forecasting reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to communicate with the sales teams, both on a standardized and ad hoc basis. Provide category insights and opportunities through analytics and category planning.
- Forecasting: Collaborate with the sales, new product development and others from the supply chain team to develop forecasts and budgets. These forecasts are updated each month 3 to 12-24 months out aggregated by product family.
- Replenishment: Perform replenishment analyses resulting in the creation of accurate vendor managed retail orders that align with the outlined budget and item metric goals. Influence the success of merchandising teams through communication of incoming orders and corresponding sales reports by store.
- Item Maintenance: Prepare ongoing analysis to include share/growth trends, promotion effectiveness, pricing, distribution recap, and new item tracking. This includes managing item characteristics and details in both external retailer systems and internal company systems.
- Supply Chain: Coordinate internally with the SI&OP Team, Order Entry, Greenhouse Operations, and Transportation to ensure successful product flows.
- Associate or Undergraduate Degree in Business/Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, or another relatable field.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and reporting tools. Excel & PowerPoint proficiency is required.
- Must understand the basics replenishment analysis and be able to successfully execute in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management, organizational, and analytical skills. Proven individual initiative and responsibility demonstrated through prior work experience.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Team player with a positive attitude and solution-oriented, balanced by being able to conduct work in an autonomous environment.
- A flexible work schedule to include some weekends.
- Ability to travel up to 5-10 days per year.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- 1-3 years analytical experience; preferably in consumer goods, perishables, or related retail business environment.
- 1-3 years with Vendor Managed Inventories is an advantage.
- Possess knowledge of National Grocery Chains and Wholesale Club business.
At Green Circle Growers, we strive to make every day better with the beautiful plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.
Green Circle Growers
We are not a typical greenhouse: Green Circle Growers has been in business for 50 years, we have 125 acres under glass. We are more of a manufacturing facility with automation systems. Large automated table movers, robotic planting, spacing and boxing machines, multiple conveyors and sixty plus electric carts. We also have six wood chip boilers,13 large gas boilers and three chillers. GCG has a very stable work environment. At Green Circle Growers, we strive to make every day better with the beautiful plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.