Jr Quoting Engineer, Cable & Wire Harness
A global manufacturer in Cable Assemblies and interconnect components seeks a Junior Quoting Engineer. At Greatlink, we have adopted the vertically integrated business model that allows us to offer our customers with the “total solution”.
We are currently seeking a Jr. Quoting Engineer interested in Cable and Wire Harness design. This position requires a professional with strong skills in CAD and a desire in packaging wire harnesses and electronic modules. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. Experienced professional and new grads are welcome. Relocation and visa sponsorship are not provided.
- Review customer drawings for quote and research the spec for parts and price.
- Design production build documents, while creating Bill of Materials (BOM), wire list, production drawings, and schematics.
- Responsible for redesigning customers drawing for quoting and production process using Pro-E and autoCAD Software.
- Create new component part numbers and program all attributes.
- Liaison between Company & Customer Engineering Departments to identify drawing guidelines.
- Works with customers to evaluate requirements and adjusts design specs for optimal manufacturability and material selection/utilization.
- Maintain constant communication with purchasing department regarding any issues which may jeopardize meeting the customer’s targeted quote response date.
- Support engineering team as project engineer and assist with other duties as assigned
- Combined experience in quoting and CAD.
- Understanding of mechanical and electronic parts, components and Bills of Material (BOM).
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong math skills, high level computer skills with MS Excel Formulas and ability to read 2D and 3D drawings.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and find solutions to meet deadlines.
- Great interpersonal skills – ability to be a team player
- Need to establish relationships, with both internal and external customers.
- AA degree in Engineering or CAD Certification.
- Cable Wire Harnesses engineering experience is a plus.
- Experience on automotive harness assembly is a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Solidworks & Pro.
- Preferred knowledge ISO standards and documentations.
Greatlink International, Inc. (GTL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of GTL is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Greatlink International, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GTL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GTL encourages applicants of all ages. GTL will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. GTL will consider for employment, all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. GTL does not sponsor any kind of work visa.