Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company ("GNY") is an A+ rated, financially stable and growing property casualty insurance company with locations throughout the Northeast. We are a highly motivated Talent Acquisition Specialist who will manage the recruitment and onboarding process for all 5 GNY offices. Through excellent interpersonal skills and an appreciation for GNY’s culture and vision, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a major role in the organization’s ability to acquire and retain the right talent for each open position. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be based in our midtown Manhattan headquarters with some work from home flexibility.
- Develop and lead comprehensive targeted recruitment strategies for qualified candidates via direct sourcing, data mining, client referrals, advertising, networking, professional communities and identifying new recruitment sources.
- Work with hiring managers to define open positions and outline responsibilities, requirements, and create job descriptions.
- Manage pre-boarding process by conduction background and reference checks. Oversee onboarding process administration.
- Effectively evaluate candidate qualifications through interviews and other selection assessments.
- Track recruitment metrics including cost to hire.
- Work with other members of the HR team in striving for constant improvement in all human resource functions including onboarding new staff with primary goal to acquire and retain top talent.
- Support other HR programs including employee engagement, performance management, compensation and benefits administration and predictive index education and utilization.
- Work with the HR and Compensation Analyst in developing updated job documentation for existing roles as well as collecting information on new roles for FLSA evaluation and market data analysis and position levelling.
- Manage compliance of all required postings and communications to employees.
- Lead projects to solicit and vet new and additional resources to improve the overall HR function.
- Produce EEOC reports and update HRIS data as needed.
- Build recruitment dashboard and reports to be shared with hiring managers and the Senior Executive Team.
- Stay on top of recruiting trends and best practices to implement.
- Be strategic and lead various recruiting initiatives projects.
- Bachelor’s degree obtained from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of in-house recruitment experience utilizing multiple methods of online sourcing for direct hiring
- Excellent behavioral interviewing skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; applicant tracking systems; Paycom a plus
- Must possess solid knowledge of all Federal and State laws regarding employment practices; EEO compliance
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities with strong follow-up skill
- Strong ability to confidently negotiate
- Excellent technical and organizational skills
- HR Certifications and insurance experience a plus
Our company was founded in 1914 which began as group of business owners looking to protect landlords from liability claims.
100 years later and just under 400 employees, we celebrate additional offices in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland.