The Network Administrator will be responsible for supporting the network infrastructure and related systems. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, security and performance for all network systems supporting the IT infrastructure across locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and support corporate lan/wan and related infrastructure.
· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for complex IT incidents and problems.
· Troubleshoot high level network and systems issues.
· Install, configure, test and maintain network and systems devices.
· Assist with network related user performance and connectivity issues.
· Communicate with manager and peers within the IT Infrastructure and Helpdesk teams.
· Ensure knowledge sharing with other team members.
· Participate in the design and implementation of network and systems upgrades.
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for research and problem resolution.
· Maintain all operational documentation, processes, management and diagnostic tools.
· Proactively stay aware of new technologies and methodologies.
· Recommend projects based on monitoring, prior expertise and knowledge.
· Ensure that all infrastructure equipment is maintained according to policies and perform regular status checks of hardware and services.
· Ensure that all routine maintenance tasks (e.g. patching) are completed on all relevant devices.
Education and Experience:
· BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
· 7+ years of experience as a Network Administrator supporting firewalls, switches and other related network devices and tools.
· 7+ years of experience of supporting an enterprise level infrastructure environment across multiple locations.
· Hands-on experience troubleshooting, configuring and supporting L2/L3 switches, routers and firewalls.
o HP Aruba 3810’s, 2920’s, Cisco Nexus 3172, etc.
o Palo Alto, SonicWall, etc.
o Routing protocols -- OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
o Implementing site to site/ipsec vpn tunnels across multiple environments.
o Working knowledge of connectivity within hybrid environments (e.g. on-prem to cloud/hosted – AWS, Azure)
o Clearpass Policy Manager experience a plus.
· Monitor/respond to IT Infrastructure management and remote monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
· Experience with HA/redundancy where applicable – firewalls, switching/routing, circuits, etc.
· Working knowledge of implementing and maintaining Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans.
· Demonstrate ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems with attention to detail.
· Team player with exceptional work ethic.
· Highly motivated individual with a genuine passion to learn and master new technologies.
· Ability to work effectively in high pressure, business critical situations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexibility with weekend and evening hours required for scheduled upgrades and non-scheduled off-hours support.
· Travel to corporate regional offices 10-15% of the time required.
Our company was founded in 1914 which began as group of business owners looking to protect landlords from liability claims.
100 years later and just under 400 employees, we celebrate additional offices in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland.
Greater New York Insurance Companies
Why Work Here?Greater New York Mutual Insurance Companies (“GNY”) is a financially strong and growing A+ rated property/casualty mutual insurance Company, headquartered in New York City. Our company was founded in 1914 which began as group of business owners looking to protect landlords from liability claims. 100 years later and just under 400 employees, we celebrate additional offices in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Maryland.
Great culture, room for growth, awesome benefits!
New York, NY