Director of Operations
Greater Nashville Title Llc Nashville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical,
JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
REPORTS TO: Owner
COMPENSATION: Negotiable, depending on experience (health, dental, and vision options included)
The Director of Operations manages multiple title agency offices. Develops, trains and retains an effective office support team(s) to meet objectives for profitability and growth. Works with executive management to carry out office(s) programs, policies, and objectives.
Candidates bringing along a significant book of business are eligible for a sign-on bonus and/or commissions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements and manages programs and practices to meet or exceed operating objectives, including profitability, office budget, revenue and transaction volumes, core services utilization, space utilization, and other key operating metrics as defined by executive management.
- Executes programs, processes and practices to achieve goals and initiatives.
- Communicates, implements and supports company programs, initiatives, changes, and information to staff. (Examples - marketing programs, technology initiatives, human resource programs, etc.). Displays a positive commitment and loyalty to the company and brand.
- Manages staff including selecting, training, developing, evaluating, coaching, motivating, scheduling, supervising, and administering salary.
- Establishes and maintains KPIs to monitor staff production and efficiency and to develop clear, attainable, yet aggressive weekly and quarterly individual and team goals.
- Completes the real estate closing process; ensures compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements, and other written instructions
- Collaborates with the processing department to resolve title issues (e.g., legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, tax liens, judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, and lis pendens)
- Conducts closings with customers, realtors, lenders, and attorneys
- Reviews industry publications to remain knowledgeable of changes in laws and practices affecting the issuance of title policies
- Oversees the issuance of checks, bills, statements, receipts, and other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provides timely and accurate reporting and information as requested and/or as needed for effective management.
- Achieves high participation and satisfaction in training and education programs and initiatives for clients and partners.
- Implements office activities and community outreach to create positive office morale and community exposure.
- Develops and maintains a positive and motivated office environment through effective communications, strong staff relationships, and office events and programs. Minimizes and effectively resolves staff conflicts or complaints.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all applicable company policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines, and industry market information and trends.
- Ensures staff compliance with all applicable company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to company policies and guidelines.
- General business experience in sales, management, or administrative management to include, supervisory experience and business planning.
- Experience managing title agency operations and/or experience as a title/escrow agent (2+ years)
- Previous management experience with successful results in both profit management and employee retention desired.
- Ability to travel to agency offices in assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, INSURANCE
- No certifications, licenses, or insurance are required.
- Title Insurance License/Certification a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Adaptable: adapts to new, different, or changing requirements
- Attentive to details
- Business fundamentals: recognizes the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality of company information, as well as that of customers and co-workers, and complies with intellectual property laws
- Critical thinking: uses logical thought processes to analyze and draw conclusions
- Customer focused: is pleasant, courteous, and professional when dealing with internal and external customers or clients
- Dependable and reliable: displays responsible behaviors at work
- Initiative: demonstrates a willingness to work and seeks out new work challenges
- Integrity: treats others with honesty, fairness and respect
- Planning and organizing: plans and prioritizes work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks
- Competent technology skills to include basic MS Office skills or similar productivity software, proficiency with internet applications
- Knowledge of or experience with title software systems preferred.
- Problem solver: applies critical thinking skills to solve problems by generating, evaluating, and implementing solutions
- Professional: maintains a professional demeanor at work
- Proficient in English
- Reading: understands written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents; applies what is learned from written material to work situations
- Respectful: works effectively with those who have diverse backgrounds
- Team player: demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others
- Technology: uses information technology and related applications to convey and retrieve information; demonstrates strong computer/typing skills in Microsoft Office, email programs, and internet browsers
- Verbal communication: maintains open lines of communication with others
- Writing: uses standard English to clearly communicate thoughts, ideas, and information in written form
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including physical requirements)
- This position requires repetitive use of a keyboard, bending, sitting, squatting, and simple grasping.
- This position requires ability to travel to assigned territory.
- Some lifting (0-25 pounds) may be required.
Greater Nashville Title LlcWhy Work Here?
GNT & sister companies are rapidly expanding, even soon to venture outside of TN. We have exceptional opportunities for career growth.
Greater Nashville Title and its sister companies focus on serving the real estate industry with integrity, exceptional customer service, and innovation. We use advanced technology tools to streamline the real estate closing process and provide the easiest path to the closing table for our clients. We have multiple expansion efforts in place and are in immediate need for the right people to help us reach our goals.
4603 Gallatin RdNashville, TN
BusinessView all jobs at Greater Nashville Title Llc