Director of Economic & Community Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced professional to lead its Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD). The Department is responsible for carrying out GNRC's role as the region's state and federally-designated Economic Development District and provides a range of services to help local communities create and retain jobs by aligning infrastructure and community development investments with economic development initiatives.
The ECD team is charged with regional coordination and planning, grant-writing, and grant administration for a variety of state and federal grant programs that include the Community Development Block Grant Program, the HOME Grant Program, the TN Emergency Home Repair Program, TN Arts Build Communities Program, and tourist development and marketing programs to name a few. The team also provides small business loans and assistance on behalf of the Mid-Cumberland Area Development Corporation and the U.S. Small Business Administration. Currently, GNRC is heavily focused on assisting local communities with a full recovery from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and recent natural disasters with an objective to ensure long-term economic resiliency.
The duties of the ECD Director include:
- Oversee the day to day management and professional development of departmental staff;
- Lead the development and implementation of the region's federally-required Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy;
- Direct activities related to grant-writing and administration, small business lending and assistance, and coordinated marketing of regional assets to potential grant makers and investors;
- Build or strengthen partnerships with external partners in the public and private-sectors engaged in regional or statewide economic development initiatives;
- Represent the ECD team in GNRC executive leadership meetings, advocating for staff and program needs;
- Work with GNRC management across the organization to ensure programs and initiatives stay coordinated; and
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in public or business administration, economic development, community and regional planning, political science, nonprofit management or related field is preferred, along with at least three years of managerial experience. A bachelor’s degree and five years of managerial experience in a related field may be substituted for the master’s degree. The ideal candidate will hold a professional certification from a national or state organization in the field of economic and community development or planning. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Remote Work and Travel Expectations: This position may include a mixture of in-office and work-from-home opportunities and will require regular travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
Application Deadline: For full consideration, interested candidates must apply on or before Friday, February 25, 2022. Applications may be accepted beyond the deadline until position is filled.
GNRC was established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
Greater Nashville Regional Council
GovernmentView all jobs at Greater Nashville Regional Council