Chief Operating Officer (COO) in Nonprofit or Government
Greater Lawrence Community Action Council Lawrence, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Chief Operating Officer will work in partnership with the Executive Director to provide internal leadership to the organization. The COO will work with the Senior Management Team and Program Directors to ensure the smooth operation of the Agency and its programs. The COO will oversee the Agency’s operational departments and will provide direct supervision to Divisions, programs or departments as requested by the Executive Director. The COO will take leadership in the creation of Agency’s internal policies and procedures and will ensure implementation throughout the Agency. The COO will monitor compliance of procurement and fiscal policies.
- Contribute to the development of GLCAC’s strategic goals and objectives
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the ED informed of all critical issues
- Oversee, direct and organize the internal operating teams
- Provide analytical support to GLCAC’s management team including the development of internal management reporting capacity
- Serve as the internal leader of the organization for the IT, Facilities and Energy Departments
- Provide strong day-to-day leadership
- Assist in monitoring compliance of the organizational goals as defined in the strategic plan
- Monitor agency capital needs
- Monitor capital budget expenditures
- Insure that all property management needs are addressed and maintain a consistent property improvement plan
- Be a channel of communication with Senior Management and Program Directors on matters of policy, process and compliance
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of agency wide communication related to operational matters.
- Technology: Analyze the current technology systems that support growth of specific programs and the organizations overall
- Manage Agency’s Divisions, programs and/or departments as directed by the ED
- Help develop new programs in conjunction with agency administrators and program managers in response to GLCAC’s community needs assessment and strategic plan
- Manage our Covid and General safety efforts
- Provide for other duties as required by the position and agency needs
- BA degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of senior management experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- High level of business acumen, including successful P&L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences/trends and incorporate into the organizational plan.
- Ability to effectively build organizational staff capacity, develop a qualified workforce and processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; team builder who has experiencing in scaling up organization; ability to communicate both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability.
- Takes on challenges; problem-solves, initiates actions, takes charge, and displays outstanding role modeling and leadership traits.
- Broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development, operations and planning.
Our generous benefit plan includes the following:
- Health Insurance - Most plans are paid by the Agency at 80% of cost
- Dental Coverage - Agency pays 80% of cost
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Tax-deferred Retirement Plan/Company Match
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Vision Coverage
- 12 Observed Holidays
- Paid Time Off Plans
Powered by JazzHR
Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
BusinessView all jobs at Greater Lawrence Community Action Council