Human Resources Generalist - Bilingual Preferred (English & Spanish)
Greater Iowa Credit Union is excited to add another Human Resources Generalist to the HR team. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources and other departments leaders in supporting all branches and departments. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: recruitment and employment, onboarding, performance appraisals, benefits administration, payroll, and employment law compliance.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am -5pm; occasional late night to meet needs of applicants.
Location: 1509 Baltimore Drive, Ames, IA 50010
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage staffing needs for the credit union including; recruiting, interview scheduling/facilitating, providing guidance on selection and placement, making offers and processing related paperwork, while maintaining and updating the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) . Develop additional recruiting strategies for attracting qualified candidates, utilizing professional networks and various social tools.
- Assist with the onboarding orientation process for all new hires and the off-boarding for departing employees. While providing ongoing training and facilitates programs in areas of employee handbook, performance appraisals, compliance and policies regarding employment law.
- Prepares time and attendance records for payroll. Reviews payroll and maintains benefit and tax records for each employee. While developing, preparing, and analyzing reports pertaining to employee information and data, including but not limited to recruitment, and the Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Assist with administering the credit unions benefit programs on an ongoing basis to include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, group life insurance, short and long-term disability, retirement plans, and other benefits. Consults with and advises employees on their eligibility. Maintains benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage, distribution of plan documents, and employee communications relating to benefits. Makes recommendations for adjustments based on credit union needs. Coordinates and reconciles annual Open Enrollment process.
- Manage Leaves of Absence, including worker's compensation and FMLA. Ensure proper forms are completed, responses are made within designated time frame and maintain records.
- Prepare and maintain employment records related to hiring, termination, transfers or promotions using paper and electronic records.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Plan, manage and communicate employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience in Human Resources.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear and lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs with or without accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a standard office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Will travel to other branches as needed. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Greater Iowa Credit UnionAmes, IA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.