Direct Support Professional DSP: $16.50/Hour
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Greater Hearts Human Services is seeking a Direct Support Professional that has a desire to work with people and make a difference in their lives!
Block Shifts and Awake Overnight - Full and Part-Time positions are available.
Paid sleep hours for block shifts.
$15.00 to $16.50
Direct Support Professional Job Responsibilities:
- Provides direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Performs personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
- Fosters positive relationships between caretakers and individuals served.
- Ensures client safety and maintains a safe environment.
- Reminds and assists clients with self-administration of medications (with proper training).
- Encourages self-help activities.
- Reports changes in client’s condition or family situation to administrators and supervisors.
- Documents all services provided.
- Performs home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, cooking and cleaning.
- Plans meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up.
- Accompanies clients to scheduled appointments and transports clients and/or runs errands for clients.
- Other duties as assigned. Medication training will be provided.
Direct Support Professional Qualifications / Skills:
- Must provide your own transportation
- Ability to work in a group home, home-like settings
- Communication skills (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
Greater Hearts Human Services places emphasis on person-centered supports including well trained staff, suitable housemates, and high-quality modern living arrangements so that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) can live up to their full potential.
Greater Hearts Human Services is accepting new referrals, and we are hiring.! We welcome you and your family to join our community!
Greater Hearts Human Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?