Direct Support Professional DSP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Greater Hearts Human Services is seeking a Direct Support Professional that has a desire to work with people and make a difference in their lives!
Full and Part-Time positions are available.
Direct Support Professional Job Responsibilities:
- Provides direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Performs personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
- Fosters positive relationships between caretakers and individuals served.
- Ensures client safety and maintains a safe environment.
- Reminds and assists clients with self-administration of medications (with proper training).
- Encourages self-help activities.
- Reports changes in client’s condition or family situation to administrators and supervisors.
- Documents all services provided.
- Performs home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, cooking and cleaning.
- Plans meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up.
- Accompanies clients to scheduled appointments and transports clients and/or runs errands for clients.
- Other duties as assigned. Medication training will be provided.
Direct Support Professional Qualifications / Skills:
- Must provide your own transportation
- Ability to work in a group home, home-like settings
- Communication skills (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license
She started Greater Hearts to create a place where people with IDD feel secure and are supported to live a wonderful life — specifically suited to each person. You and your family are invited to join our community
Greater Hearts Human ServicesWhy Work Here?
Health benefits starting in January. We have modern, clean home and apartments for our clients.
During 15 years as a caregiver herself, Sento Bangura, Founder and President of Greater Hearts Human Services, spent countless hours working with residents who were poorly placed and significantly affected by it. Everything from roommates to food can impact the ability of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to live up to their potential. She started Greater Hearts to create a place where people with IDD feel secure and are supported to live a wonderful life — specifically suited to each person. You and your family are invited to join our community