Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Procurement, the Senior Purchasing Agent performs all functions on formal and informal procurements of supplies, equipment, professional services, and construction and renovation projects for operating and capital improvement grant funded procurements. Reviews and evaluates the separate cost elements of a contractor’s cost or pricing data to determine the degree to which the proposed cost is fair and reasonable; and identifies negotiation points. Administers and processes procurements, requisitions, and issues purchase orders, contracts, and change orders. Ensures all procurements are in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, and RTA procurements policies and procedures.
• Assists with the development and analysis of specifications/scope of work for operating and capital funded procurements. Responsible for development of evaluation criteria on proposals.
• Prepares bidding and contract documents for purchases of goods and/or services for both formal and informal procurements. Coordinates and services as a chair of pre-award and post award activity such as pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences, site visits, bid/proposal openings, evaluations of bids and proposals, cost/price analyses, negotiations, finalist interview/presentations, and pre-construction meetings, write formal board agenda items, backup documentation, and make recommendation for award. Negotiates contracts for complex matters to obtain most cost effective prices and contract terms.
• Maintains official procurement documentation files and all post-award activity, i.e., contract administration and contract closeout, for official public record and audit purposes.
• Reviews bids/proposals and monitors contracts to ensure compliance with Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) utilization, and all other federal, state, and local certifications and affidavits. Assures vendor compliance with contractual terms and conditions; Conducts site visits to contractor’s facility to ensure specification compliance when appropriate.
• Maintains knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws related to purchasing of good and services.
• Ensure commencement notices for construction projects are filed in accordance with Ohio Revised Code.
• Provides continuous new vendor sourcing while maintaining effective working relationships to ensure an adequate number of suppliers and to promote friendly, supportive interest in doing business with the RTA. Also assists with solicitation of new DBE firms to increase participations in the United Certificate Program (UCP).
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business Administration.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in procurement.
• Working knowledge of Federal procurement regulations.
• Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) a plus.
This is an exempt, grade 13 position with an initial salary hiring range of $42,143 (minimum) to $52,680 (midpoint), dependent on qualifications and experience.
The Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Greater Dayton RTA
Why Work Here?Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is a public transportation agency providing services for Montgomery and Green County. Greater Dayton RTA offers a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits including paid vacation, health and life insurance, health and wellness program, on-site fitness center, OPERS, Ohio Deferred Compensation Plan, long-term disability, education assistance and more.
Since 1972, Greater Dayton RTA offers long-term employment stability, opportunity for career growth and great benefits.