- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Weatherization and Lead Program Managers
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Weatherization and Lead-Safe Managers. Among the general responsibilities with the organization and functioning of the Lead and Weatherization programs are: preparation of bid packages; upkeep of clients and contractor records, grant reporting assistance, scheduling clients, answering prospective client inquiries, dispatching staff to job sites, submitting purchase orders, and assisting with marketing/client outreach efforts. It is of the utmost importance that the administrative assistant protects the privacy of customers/families and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of service. Under administrative review, the administrative assistant is responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical and secretarial functions required in effective implementation of administrative policies of the two programs. General administrative review of objectives is provided by manager.
- Complete necessary program monthly reports, documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner, using an approved system.
- Participate in WAP and LEAD training and the ability to learn & teach WAP and Lead-Safe programs.
- Liaise with marketing and finance departments on program outreach and accounting/production status.
- Attend staff meetings and events as needed to support agency programs
- Perform data entry to include applications, or other related activities.
- Ability to handle telephone system and relate to supervisors, clients, and contractors effectively and pleasantly.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities to include staff meetings, conferences and training opportunities.
- Schedule conference room meetings, appointments and off-site trainings for the staff and field techs/energy auditors.
- Prepare weatherization/lead program RFPs to be issued.
- Prepare weatherization/lead program contracts to be signed.
- Assist managers in other clerical duties such as purchase orders.
- HS Diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to multi-task with a keen eye on organization.
- Ability to present complicated and detailed data and messaging to a wide array of audiences.
- Must be proficient with technology, including phone systems, Microsoft applications, and database usage.
- Strong computer application skills, ability to pick up on new systems quickly.
This job operates in residential and commercial building environments, as well as traditional office environments. This role uses standard assessment equipment assess residential or commercial properties. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hour shift. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Greater Bergen Community Action
BusinessView all jobs at Greater Bergen Community Action