Registered Nurse Program Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
The RN Program Coordinator functions as a clinical and managerial resource in infectious disease-related, grant funded programs to insure that program medical services are delivered in a safe and efficient manner, helping the teams to address patient needs as expeditiously as possible. The RN Program Coordinator leads the FOCUS program and works as the nursing lead in the GBMS HIV program.
As FOCUS program coordinator, is responsible for day-to-day oversight including training staff, managing all program deliverables and overseeing program reporting and dissemination efforts. Working with the primary care team to ensure that all patients meeting requirements receive hepatitis and HIV testing. Links patients who test positive to infectious disease care and, when eligible, connected to Ryan White services.
As GBMS HIV nurse lead, the RN is an integral part of the health care team who collaborates with other health team members and center managers to facilitate patient flow and meet grant program deliverables with a focus on patients living with HIV.
Essential Functions--FOCUS program:
- Responsible for managing and improving the FOCUS program in connection with the CMO, Chief Administrative Officer, quality team, IT data analyst, and providers.
- Supports Primary Care Provider teams to ensure HCV/HIV tests are ordered routinely on appropriate patients, providing educational updates.
- Care manages clients known to be HIV-positive and HCV-positive clients in coordination with case managers, Infectious Disease Providers and other staff. Maintains ongoing communication with providers regarding patient treatment status and follows up outcomes from prior provider requests.
- Participates in meetings with Gilead program officer.
- Monitors data collection reports for accuracy and completeness. Provides quarterly updates to quality teams. Ensure they meet program requirements. Works with IT Data Analyst to ensure data is valid.
- Responsible for narrative sections of reports and supplies information and data for program reports and relevant new grant funding/projects.
- Identifies needed policies and procedures to improve processes and program initiatives.
- Communicates and promotes programs at provider meetings and other meetings on a periodic basis...
- Serves in collaboration with providers and health care teams to maximize treatment adherence, and to resolve issues compromising compliance and patient well-being.
- Participates in monthly team meeting with to review quantity/quality goals for all staff on these grants.
- Becomes proficient in and utilizes the Electronic Health Records database to track patient treatments, laboratory results, patient self-management goals, schedule appointments, provide referrals, and perform other functions needed for patient care.
- Become proficient or gains proficiency in telehealth platforms supported by the organization.
- Works to link 100% of newly diagnosed HIV patients to RW program (about 15 per year).
- Works to link 100% of new diagnosed HCV patients to GBMS infectious diseases service (about 30 per year).
- Participates in partnership Coalition.
Essential Functions—GBMS HIV Program:
- Serves as nurse and care manager for patients living with HIV.
- Provides provider support for the Infectious Disease provider team for patients who are not eligible for RW services.
- Helps improve, develop and write clinical policies and procedures.
- Participates with audit preparation.
- Assists in identifying training needs and coordinating training for staff.
- Provides patient education in nurse-only visits.
- Becomes proficient in remote patient monitoring initiatives.
- Helps manage 300+ RW infectious disease patients.
- Connects 300 RW ID patients under care to MCM and NMCMs in RW program.
- Ensures 50% of patients living with HIV are referred to dental in coordination with team
- Ensures 25% of patients living with HIV are referred to Behavioral Health in coordination with team
- Attends weekly Ryan White team meetings.
Other Essential Functions:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients, including performing assessments, nursing procedures, and assistance with procedures.
- Provides health teaching and counseling to patients and families. This may include communication of test results, medication changes, etc.
- Assesses patient requests for same day services, and works with Providers and Center Manager to insure that patient needs are addressed appropriately.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the EMR, serves as a clinical resource.
- Participates in team/staff meetings; attends in service meetings and applicable workshops.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Current Registered Nursing License in the State of Maryland.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or an equivalent field of study preferred.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
Core Competencies Needed
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Communication Skills - Listen and verbally in order to solve problems and provide information and direction, ensuring the experience is a positive one. Record issues and resolutions to maintain accurate records and data for further analysis by management.
Analytical Skills - The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Possess creative thinking, learning, systems thinking and problem solving. Must be effective at defining and solving problems in order to ensure that the real, underlying challenge is understood and that solutions actually address it.
Healthcare Systems - Knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology.
Risk Management - Confidentiality principles and laws, maintain compliance with government contractual mandates.
This job operates in an outpatient office environment. This role is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and high stress situations or events.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Ability to cope with stress.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and/or employees. Must be able to summarize and exchange accurate information.
- Must be able to lift or catch patient weighing more than 50 pounds in the event of emergency.
- Performs with frequent interruption or distractions.
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues for different purposes in different context.
- Ability to perceive the nature of sound.
- Expressing or exchanging information by means of the spoken word, or to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships to perceive objects where and as they actually are.
- Cognitive ability to analyze, count, summarize and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Ability to recognize social or professional behavioral cues.
Ability to read and interpret written or verbal documents and instructions. Ability to speak effectively to patients, employees and/or stakeholders of the organization.
Must be able to drive between Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc. locations.
Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc.
AddressCapitol Heights, MD
EducationView all jobs at Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc.