Accounting Manager Controller
- Expired: October 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Accounting Manager/Controller
FLSA Category: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Date Issued: October 2020, Revised 02/22/2021, 04/18/2022
The Accounting Manager/Controller handles various aspects of accounting to include oversight, administration and processing for accrual based accounting system, including cash receipts, receivables, payables and bank reconciliation, and producing various accounting and financial reports.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Oversee, facilitate and complete monthly close, including the work of other staff completing journal entries.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepare financial reports by department and maintain spreadsheets monthly.
- Primary internal contact for various external auditors, incl financial audits, tax return, Medicare Cost Report, among others.
- Assists Grants Accountant with maintenance and reconciliation of grantor monthly/quarterly invoice submission.
- Assist CFO in preparation of annual budget.
- Acts as the lead accounting resource for the organization.
- Assists and provides oversight to Accounts Payable Administrator for aged receivables and resolving outstanding issues.
- Assists and provides oversight to Finance Project Manager with processing cash receipts and reconciliation of direct deposits within the operating account(s).
- Maintain a filing system in accordance to company policies and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in resource management of company's cash flow.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist in resolving audit issues assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist and provide quality feedback for effective and efficient running of GBMS accounting.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Teamwork Passion Love
Yes. Manages the Grants Accountant and Accounts Payable Administrator
- CPA Required
- Bachelors and/or Master's degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Big 5 Experience is a plus
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive work experience in accounting.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
Accountability - Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
Analytical Skills - The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Possess creative thinking, learning, systems thinking and problem solving. Must be effective at defining and solving problems in order to ensure that the real, underlying challenge is understood and that solutions actually address it.
Healthcare Systems - Knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology.
Interpersonal Skills - Work closely with other team members to effectively support their work so that solutions can be effectively implemented. Serves as a liaison for various staff and/or management and acts as the Point of Contact.
Results Oriented - The ability to focus on the desired results, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
Reporting - Drafts, runs, and distributes reports. Provides overview and communicates report findings.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with patients and/or employees. Must be able to summarize and exchange accurate information.
- Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another.
- Performs with frequent interruption or distractions.
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues for different purposes in different context.
- Expressing or exchanging information to convey detailed spoken instructions accurately, or quickly.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Cognitive ability to analyze, count, summarize and synthesize information from multiple sources.
Ability to read and interpret written or verbal documents and instructions. Ability to speak effectively to patients, employees and/or stakeholders of the organization.
Must be able to drive between Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc. locations.
Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Greater Baden Medical Services, Inc.
Get fresh Chief Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.