CNC Machine Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are seeking CNC Operators in Wixom, MI.
The CNC Machine Operator produces machined parts by operating a CNC machine (Hanwha, Tsugami, and Citizens) while maintaining quality and safety standards. The CNC machine operator will also keep quality records, perform basic machine maintenance, and change tooling.
Monday – Friday 4:15pm to 1:45am
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00/HR.
Position: Full-time, Temp-to-hire opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CNC mills and lathes to produce machined parts from bar stock.
- Load machine with bar stock.
- Perform tool changes, tool touch-offs, and reset tool count registers.
- Monitor tooling wear.
- Perform part inspection in accordance with the particular quality requirements for the part (data is contained in control plans).
- Input quality data and part production into an online business system.
- Maintain part quality by performing machine offsets.
- Meet production goals.
- Maintain safe operations by keeping the work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements, and following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing required paper and/or electronic logs.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Ability to run multiple (similar) machines.
- Any other related duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proficient in CNC machining.
- High School diploma / GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good math skills.
- Understanding of basic machine shop measuring procedures (micrometers, calipers, height stands, surface finish gauges, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading.
GreatStaffWhy Work Here?
Nationally trusted, Executive Search Firm with over 13 years of successful placements.
For over 13 years, GreatStaff has specialized in matching qualified candidates with selective clients nationwide in many diverse fields. Through our hiring process, we are dedicated to advancing candidates to the next level in their career path.
ManufacturingView all jobs at GreatStaff