- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Accounting Specialist in Novi, MI.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for creating timely and accurate financial transactions, creating financial reports as required, and processing assigned accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information on our accounting software from such source documents as client invoices, cash receipts, vendor invoices, or other applicable sources.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8-hour shift
Salary: 45,000 - $55,000 DOE
Position: Full-Time Direct Hire
- Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Annual Reviews, and Pay Increases
- Holiday Pay, 2.5 weeks of PTO available for the first year, Career Advancements
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue and monitor purchase orders, as applicable, and match with invoices when received
- Ensure bills are paid in a timely manner
- Prepare accurate invoice and billing reports for all services provided during a billing cycle
- Send invoices and billing reports to clients and ensure they are entered I the proper accounts
- Contact clients with past due invoices and outreach via telephone/email to ensure timely payment
- Prepare incoming payments for manual deposit, as applicable
- Enter information into and reconcile all general ledger accounts
- Post-year-end adjusting journal entries from third-party accounting firm
- Maintain company chart of accounts and make changes approved by President/CEO
- Enter corporate payroll into the accounting software program and ensure that it is entered into the proper account
- Investigate and respond to any payroll, unemployment, state/federal tax, or state agency inquiry
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for final approval
- Process any tax payments that need to accompany a tax return and sure timely and accurate payment
- On an annual basis, consistent with taxing requirements, generate 1099 statements to applicable payees
- Maintain financial reporting packages as requested. Including Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Budget to Actual Statement, and AP/AR reporting
- Open and sort mail pertaining to accounting functions
- Maintain paper and electronic files of all relevant data required to support accounting activities
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- QuickBooks experience required
- 2+ years of Bookkeeping or Accounting experience required
- Critical thinking and good decision-making skills
- Superior writing and verbal skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as within a team structure
GreatStaffWhy Work Here?
Nationally trusted, Executive Search Firm with over 13 years of successful placements.
For over 13 years, GreatStaff has specialized in matching qualified candidates with selective clients nationwide in many diverse fields. Through our hiring process, we are dedicated to advancing candidates to the next level in their career path.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at GreatStaff