DIVISION: Great Western Sports
ROLE TITLE: Event Consultant L1
REPORTS TO: Division Manager (Great Western Sports)
ROLE LOCATION: Virtual
TYPE: Independent Contractor (1099)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Event Consultant is responsible for driving sales growth for the GWRC sports division at the field level. They will manage a defined geographic territory and/or a defined group of potential and current customers. Primary responsibility will be growing sales revenue for the assigned territory and/or group; doing so by winning new customers and growing sales with existing customers.
COMPREHENSIVE 90-DAY PAID TRAINING PROGRAM PROVIDED.
Qualifying new business will be done via a combination of self-identifying prospects and qualifying leads received from Inside Sales. Cold calling (phone, eMail, text message) are key aspects of the role.
In pursing and managing sales opportunities, the Event Consultant will be responsible for communicating effectively with different audience groups, including coaches, directors, administrators, other event sponsors, and students.
The Event Consultant is directly responsible for managing closed sales. Specifically, the process of kicking off a fundraising event and overseeing the event from start to finish, ensuring a successful outcome for the customer.
The Event Consultant is responsible for meeting defined sales targets (financial and non-financial) and other performance objectives, as established and communicated by the Sales Manager or Division Director.
If employed by the Great Western Reserve Corp, the Event Consultant will manage all sales related activity through the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
The Event Consultant will communicate regularly with Customer Service and Inside Sales regarding the management of current and potential sales.
- No health conditions limiting mobility
- Dependable vehicle transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Insured vehicle
- Personal smartphone
- Strong time management skills (demonstrated)
- Strong prioritization skills (demonstrated)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and interpretation skills
- Basic math and business math concepts
- Ability to communicate/translate value elements
- Genuine, likable personality
- Honest and ethical character
- Strong computer and mobile device skills
- Daily CRM usage (if assigned)
- Ability to understand and interpret basic sales and financial reports
- The ability to lift 25 pounds
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Proven outside sales experience
- Athletic/Fitness background and/or lifestyle
- Coaching background