- Posted: over a month ago
- Are you someone who likes to work with their hands?
- Tired of doing the same tasks each day without the ability to advance?
- Wish you worked at a place that offered training?
Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is seeking people like you to join our Service Team as a Technician! Our Service Team is a leader in providing skilled trailer service and maintenance including specialty trailers.
- On the job training can provide Technicians a wide range of skills.
- With operations in Fontana, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Phoenix, AZ; Grants Pass, OR; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Dearborn, MI; and Salt Lake City, UT – we’re sure to be close to you!
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Good learners; Willing to take instruction, ask questions, and self-study to master skills.
- Team players; Reliable people who can work on a team, respecting others.
Technicians can expect any of the following responsibilities:
- Inspect and perform maintenance/repairs to Department of Transportation regulations.
- Assess and repair wreck damage on all components of the trailer.
- Aluminum and Steel welding and fabrication.
- Inspects/repairs air brake lines, couplers, tanks, valves, shoes, drums, pads and rotors; services, adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary.
- Inspects low voltage wiring couplers, harnesses, lights, batteries, and charging systems; services adjusts and/or replaces components where necessary.
- Inspects/repairs body and chassis rails, side-sheets, caps, doors, retainers, fasteners, floors and plates for damage or defect; performs metal fabrication and wood carpentry tasks to repair/replace; performs sheet metal and paint work to finish; Inspects, operates, lubricates and repairs lift gate, minor mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic assemblies.
- Installs add on components and accessories like dunnage racks, tool boxes, ramp kits, nosecones, wenches and more.
Be a part of our team!
Great Western Leasing & Sales (GWLS) is a dynamic trailer sale, leasing, and rental company in significant growth mode. We’ve been in business since 1997 adding 4 new locations since 2017.
We strive to take care of our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, HSA/FSA/HRA accounts, Employee Discounts, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate too loud. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
Great Western Leasing and Sales
AutomotiveView all jobs at Great Western Leasing and Sales