- Expired: October 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Great States Construction is a rapidly growing general contracting firm specializing in a variety of commercial and multi-family construction. Are you looking for a new opportunity where you have the ability to grow with an organization? Are you able to multi-task and adapt to a variety of roles and responsibilities with the ability to get things done? Then this is the role for you.
We would like to invite you to join our team of skilled professionals who deliver projects on schedule and on budget. Our clients value the expertise and close collaboration that we provide to their development teams. We work side by side with our clients, and we deliver outstanding results.
We are on the lookout for a Project Manager who wants a career, not just a job, providing the opportunity to grow your career.
This position will perform project management duties for New Builds, Tenant Improvement projects, including remodeling, build-outs, renovations or any combination thereof for projects of limited size, scope and complexity.
As our Project Manager you will:
- Be well versed in all scopes, systems, and assemblies including site work, structural, concrete, enclosure, finishes, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Assist in the management of all subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors to ensure material is delivered as scheduled.
- Work to develop best practices with our organization and the Project Management team.
Key responsibilities include:
Initiate sales, manage the bidding, estimating and construction processes.
Specific PM roles include:
- RFI preparation and processing.
- Change requests, pricing, preparation and processing.
- Owner and subcontractor change order management.
- Prepare detailed estimates of proposed subcontractor, material and labor costs for assigned projects.
- Prepare value engineering analysis.
- Prepare detailed written proposals to prospective clients for services to be performed.
Additional areas of focus may also be performed with the project management team and under the supervision of an experienced Senior Project Manager
- Review and process shop drawings and submittals
- Conduct pre-bid inspections and reviews
- Conduct job progress site inspections and reviews
- Prepare instructions to bidders and invited bidder's list
- Prepare and update detailed project schedules
- Interact with customers, attend project team meetings, meet with architects, and review project progress to effectively manage construction projects
The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of commercial construction methods, processes and management practices; effective leadership skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; good communication skills; and be organized, efficient and responsive to the needs of each team member and our external clients.
Bachelor's Degree in Construction/Engineering and 2 years experience or an equivalent level of experience in commercial construction projects with increased responsibilities including leadership experience on construction projects. Experience interpreting and understanding construction plans and designs. Knowledge of MS Office, Sage/Timberline and Raken Preferred
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position involves sitting for extended periods of time. An employee must be able to communicate effectively in a typical field environment with an above standard level of noise. Occasional standing, bending, walking, and lifting is also required. The employee will be required to visit multiple construction job sites, which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures. In addition, the employee must be able to move around prospective or current project sites. This includes climbing ladders, walking on uneven surfaces, walking long distances, and climbing stairs.
Great States Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k) match, insurance benefits, and a bonus pay program for successful project completion. This position has excellent growth potential.
This is a full-time position.
Visit us at: www.greatstates.com
Job Type: Full-time
Great States Construction
Get fresh Sign Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.