- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with a wide range of internal and external partners, consultants and stakeholders to accomplish greenway capital projects. Projects involve working with external consultant teams to advance conceptual planning, community engagement, land acquisition, design, engineering, permitting, and construction. This position demands considerable project management expertise, high attention to detail, identifying project risks, good communication skills, proficient ability to multi-task and dedication to the team and mission.
This position works in a team environment throughout the planning, design, and construction of a greenway project. In addition, this position works in tandem with the Civic Engagement Managers to ensure community voices are heard throughout the project process. The project manager is responsible for establishing rapport and building relationships with a variety of constituents ranging from elected officials to neighborhood leaders to technical stakeholders. This position will operate daily within Great Rivers Greenway’s specialized project controls system (web-based software) to monitor and control the scopes, risks, budgets, schedules and deliverables of multiple projects.
- Procure, hire, and manage consultants to support project progress, proactively managing contract negotiations, budgets, schedules and deliverables.
- Coordinate with the land acquisition consultant and public agencies in the assembly of easements, license/use agreements or fee-simple parcels for greenway development and related activities.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and utility providers and follow all permitting and compliance requirements.
- Manage day to day project operations including regular communication with internal teams, partners, utilities, staff, board and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the construction manager on the pre-construction, review of bid and specification packages, public bidding and construction oversight for greenway project construction.
- Research alternative resources ranging from partnerships, in-kind resources, federal, state and local grants, private foundations and cost-saving measures – working with teams and partners, including the Great Rivers Greenway Foundation, to evaluate and seek opportunities to leverage resources.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Parks and Recreation, Construction Management or related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related, progressively responsible experience
- Experience working with municipal or government procurement processes, contracting procedures, planning, design or construction preferred.
- Experience managing budgets; managing a project from conceptual plan to construction; championing project goals; team-oriented, managing internal and external teams
Skills & Abilities:
- Be self-directed, team-oriented and possess sound judgment.
- The ability to create long-range strategic plans and manage a project from conceptual plan to construction.
- Firm grasp on championing project goals, managing budget and timelines and deliverables with internal and external partners, consultants and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of how planning, landscape architecture, engineering and/or construction companies operate
- Demonstrated experience in community development, natural resource management, construction, contract and project management.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software at a skilled level.
Great Rivers GreenwayWhy Work Here?
Great Rivers Greenway is connecting the St. Louis region with greenways. GRG is making the St. Louis Region a more vibrant place to live, work, and play. With more than 128 miles of greenways constructed throughout the region, there is probably one near you! Find one here: https://greatriversgreenway.org/ The Great Rivers Greenway Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation chartered in 2016 in the State of Missouri. The Foundation was formed exclusively to enhance and enrich the mission of Great Rivers Greenway and accepts, manages and disburses private support to the organization.
3745 Foundry WaySaint Louis, MO