- $84,561 to $126,842 Yearly
PLEASE APPLY BY APRIL 3, 2023
The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with a wide range of internal and external partners, consultants and stakeholders to accomplish greenway capital projects. Projects involve working with external consultant teams to advance conceptual planning, community engagement, land acquisition, design, engineering, permitting, and construction. This position will focus on planning and early design of greenway capital projects as well as analyzing data, advanced level planning analysis and reports associated with Great Rivers Greenway Regional Plan. This position demands considerable project management expertise, high attention to detail, identifying project risks, good communication skills, ability to multi-task and dedication to the team and mission.
This position works in a team environment throughout the planning, design, and construction of a greenway project. In addition, this position works in tandem with the Civic Engagement Managers to ensure community voices are heard throughout the project process. The project manager is responsible for establishing rapport and building relationships with a variety of constituents ranging from elected officials to neighborhood leaders to technical stakeholders. This position will operate daily within Great Rivers Greenway’s specialized project controls system (web-based software) to monitor and control the scopes, risks, budgets, schedules in order to ensure the smooth delivery of greenway or capital projects.
SALARY RANGE: $84,561 - 126,842
Our benefits package includes:
- Vacation sick time awarded and prorated per date of hire
- 12 paid holidays
- Employer paid medical insurance with an option to purchase spouse or dependent medical insurance
- Employer paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Employer contribution to Health Saving Accounts for HSA medical
- Employer paid dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for PPO participants, or Limited Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) for HSA participants
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee
- 457(b) retirement savings plan with up to 5% matching contribution. Five-year vesting schedule
- Cell phone stipend
- Collaborate with teammates, staff across all departments, consultants and partners in the region to accomplish projects
- Establish clear expectations and desired outcomes at the conception of projects through a planning and design process to result in an excellent user experience
- Continuously champion goals and maintain relationships with partners, stakeholders, consultants and community members to generate feedback, ensure buy-in and mitigate risks
- Follow policy and process to establish budgets, control costs, develop schedules and other project management duties utilizing the PCS and manual to track and monitor progress
- Procure and manage consultants to support projects, proactively managing contract negotiations, budgets schedules and deliverables
- Integrate best practices on planning functions related to the Regional Plan
- Coordinate with internal teams, partners and consultants on data collections, analysis and reporting on various sources of date including GIS date to help inform planning decisions
- Coordinate with land acquisition consultant and public agencies in the assembly of easements, license/use agreements or fee-simple parcels related to greenway development
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies and utilities following all permitting and compliance requirements
- Manage day-to-day project operations including regular communication with internal teams, partners, staff, board and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with construction manager consultant in the pre-construction, review of bid specification packages, public bidding and construction oversight
- Advance the mission and vision of Great Rivers Greenway by researching best practices, leveraging alternative resources and serving the region as a whole
- Maintain professional development and seek out innovations in the industry to bring best practices to greenway planning, design and construction
- Investigate alternative financial resources ranging from partnering, in-kind resources, federal, state and local grants, including working with Great RIvers Greenway Foundation, to evaluate and seek opportunities to leverage resources
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Parks and Recreation, Construction Management or related field.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related, progressively responsible experience
- Experience working with municipal or government procurement processes, contracting procedures, planning, design or construction preferred.
- Experience managing budgets; managing a project from conceptual plan to construction; championing project goals; team-oriented, managing internal and external teams
Skills & Abilities:
- Be self-directed, team-oriented and possess sound judgment.
- Familiarity and experience planning and executing long-range strategic plans, managing a project from conceptual plan to construction.
- Firm grasp on championing project goals, managing budget and timelines and deliverables with internal and external partners, consultants and stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize and present technical information to a variety of audiences
- Working knowledge of how planning, landscape architecture, engineering and/or construction companies operate
- Demonstrated experience in community development, natural resource management, construction, contract and project management.
- Ability to comprehend and apply the knowledge areas of the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Familiarity with the Missouri Department of Transportation's Local Public Agency (LPA) policy and process a plus
- GIS knowledge a plus.
Great Rivers Greenway is connecting the St. Louis region with greenways. GRG is making the St. Louis Region a more vibrant place to live, work, and play. With more than 128 miles of greenways constructed throughout the region, there is probably one near you! Find one here: https://greatriversgreenway.org
Great Rivers Greenway
3745 Foundry WaySaint Louis, MO
Get fresh Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.