Great Plains Communications is looking for a high-energy and enthusiastic telecommunications sales professional to join our growing sales team.
- Targeting Service Providers and Carrier Wholesale customers using C-level sales experience
- Performing all activities for the sale of network data services and additional products as driven by the Wholesale customer base
- Building, maintaining, and coordinating Great Plains Communications’ relationship with prospects and customers
- Maintaining a database of targeted customers and their needs and time frames for potential new business opportunities
- Serving as liaison between customer and Great Plains Engineering for all technical resources needed to assess and design network solutions
- Meeting or exceeding assigned monthly quota and working toward established sales goals and objectives
- Cold calling prospects, arranging meetings, preparing and delivering customer presentations both face-to-face and over the phone
- Writing proposals, submitting quotes, and negotiating contracts with customers and partners
- Working closely with the Head of Wholesale to determine, develop, and grow the sales channel by targeting specific customers
- Organizing sales and marketing efforts to find new business
- Working with Project Management to ensure that post-sale implementation occurs effectively, and that the customer is satisfied
- Working with Head of Wholesale to develop a sales forecast and the expense budget necessary to support sales efforts
- Providing reports and information on a regular basis
Successful candidate must have strong public relations skills, time management skills, and written and verbal communications skills. Must also possess the ability to think strategically and to work effectively with a diverse group of co-workers and customers. Experience selling at a C-level is preferred. A working understanding of telecommunications and high capacity network solutions such as Ethernet is desired. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 10 or more years of sales experience in the telecommunications field is desired. Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel extensively, approximately 50% of each month.
Commission in addition to base salary and competitive benefits provided. Telecommuting available. EOE.