Operations Training Specialist - Inventory Control
Great Lakes Wine and Spirits Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Operations Project SpecialistOperations Training Specialist - Days/Afternoons
This Project Specialist position was designed to assist Operations with the training and development effort of each designated team lead per each operational task; prioritized by the Inventory Control Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with the creation, enforcement, and potential amendment of both worker and supervisor level standard operating procedures. (SOPs)
- Identifies and closes training gaps for assigned targets, as defined by the discrepancy between observed activity and the corresponding peer approved SOP
- Regularly documents and uploads logged activities, such as: opportunities, progress, and regression to provide transparency and to allow a measure/gauge of the program's success
- Critical Evaluation
- Decision Making
- Learning Orientation
- Project Management
- Preferred experience with (or has the ability to learn) GLWAS's proprietary software suite. Including, but not limited to: GSWMS, and Business System inventory applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite; with a primary focus on Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in either Business or Education preferred
- Project management and/or Adult Education experience preferred
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Pass a pre-employment physical
- Pass a drug test to Great Lakes Wine and Spirits standards at any time during employment
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
Reports To: Inventory Control Manager
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and develops other positions in the organization.
This position operates in both a warehouse and professional office environment. Regular use of office equipment may be required.
- This is a very active position. The employee must frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop and climb throughout the day.
- The employee must occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to read, hear, and speak English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
No travel is expected for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Great Lakes Wine and Spirits
BusinessView all jobs at Great Lakes Wine and Spirits