Nights Warehouse Supervisor
Great Lakes Wine and Spirits Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Warehouse Supervisor- Night Shift
Detroit or Highland Park Warehouse
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist and cover for fellow managers and supervisors with daily assignments; taking into account volume, call-offs and employee training needs
- Mitigate and monitor: breakage, over-time, and excessive or inappropriate supply usage
- Maintain communication with warehouse management for warehouse and customer needs
- Follow safety, security guidelines as communicated, pertaining but not limited to: cleanliness, PPE, biomechanical motions, potential hazards, Hi-Lo licenses, suspicious activity and theft
- Open/close/secure work areas or buildings as dictated by protocol
- Audit work area drops zones to ensure product is physically and electronically handled correctly
- Survey work area daily to identify & correct issues that would impede loading
- Ensure all no-reads, vision system flags and late cases are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Ensure all picked product is properly loaded onto the correct truck, in sequence, and is sellable; includes labeling of shuttle pallets and securing loads for transit.
- Electronically close routes after appropriate conditions are met; including but not limited to addressing missing cases
- Monitor call-off line, log and communicate accordingly
- Maintain Kronos to log pertinent payroll and employee information as needed; including, but not limited to: verifying and punches, approving overtime, recording leave, via daily and weekly inputs
- Manage and maintain hiring and discharge process for direct reports with support of warehouse manager
- Author reports and send to management as directed
- Author & complete injury, disciplinary forms in a timely manner following company protocols
Managerial & Leadership Performance
- Delegate work to adequately address the needs of the dock operation
- Train, coach, and counsel subordinates to ensure they have an adequate understanding of their assigned work functions so that they can and are correctly, efficiently and safely performing their job
- Conduct team meetings on subject matter delegated by the Warehouse Manager, as well as HR and Safety
- Monitor and maintain employee engagement, including recognition and accountability for performance
- Ensure safety guidelines are communicated and followed by direct reports
- Ensure equipment assigned to or required by direct reports is maintained, available and functioning properly
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Time Management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- warehouse and supervisorial experience
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
Reports To: Night Warehouse Manager
This position manages one team and is responsible for their performance management.
This position operates in a warehouse environment. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Requires use of warehouse equipment.
- This is a very active position. The employee must frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop and climb throughout the day.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 55 pounds and push or pull up to 100 pounds of force on a cart; frequently ascend and descend stairs.
- The employee is regularly required to read and communicate in English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
Choose an item.
No travel is expected for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Great Lakes Wine and Spirits
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Great Lakes Wine and Spirits