WE'RE MOVING! Currently our operation is located in Racine, WI but we will be relocating to Pleasant Prairie in the near future and we're seeking a hard-working, career-minded warehouse specialist to join our team and make the move with us.
This is a very specialized job and we are looking for a very special employee to fill this role. Many of the products we sell are very large and require custom preparation such as building specialized freight pallets, assembling specialized parts, non-standard inspection techniques and custom / specialized loading techniques for proper shipment. In addition we carry a very large assortment of upholstery and flooring products that require specialized knowledge and training for safe handling as orders are picked and prepared for shipment.
In this role you will be working in our warehouse picking heavy freight / specialized orders, inspecting those orders and preparing the shipments for special and/or custom shipment. To accomplish your work you will be using stand-up and sit down, gas and electric forklifts of various styles including counterbalance lifts, reach trucks and turret trucks. The right candidate will demonstrate knowledge and comfort working with hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, files, saws, various cutting tools and a large range of portable power tools such as saws, drills, buffers, power washers, nail guns, etc.
The right candidate should be comfortable working in challenging situations that require creative thought as well as a firm grasp of mathematics and most importantly, common sense. This is expected to be a fast-paced and physically demanding role, one that is desperately needed to support our larger staff of warehouse associates.
When there is not work to be done with heavy freight, you will be expected to pitch in with the warehouse team on standard distribution operations such as order picking, order packing, replenishment tasks as well as helping maintain the safety and cleanliness of the operation.
You may be scheduled to work in the Racine location, Pleasant Prairie location or both as we transition to our new home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reliably pull and inspect orders, logging items as required
- Process, pack and ship orders accurately, reporting order discrepancies to management ASAP
- Accurately restock incoming items, logging items as required
- Demonstrate commitment to all safety standards at all times
- Perform inventory control checks
- Work cooperatively with team members and supervisors
- Use equipment properly and maintain it as needed
- Operate various models of forklifts and various power and hand tools
- Keep the warehouse clean and organized
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven work experience in a warehouse setting; only experienced candidates are desired
- Forklift certification and clear experience operating various types of forklifts. Turret forklift experience is a must!
- Solid work history that demonstrates reliability; warehouse work experience is a plus
- Able to work on your feet for 8-10 hour shifts and lift 70 lbs multiple times each day; this is a physically demanding role.
- Basic computer skills for maintaining inventory records
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong level of self-motivation and independence in the workplace
- Outstanding history of exemplary attendance
- Superior performance and positive work ethic
- Intermediate computer skills
See our warehouse team in action!
Great Lakes Skipper
Why Work Here?Great Lakes Skipper is a local, second generation family-owned business that has made boating affordable for over 25 years. The nation's largest online supplier of boat parts, we have over 50,000 boat parts in stock and ready to ship worldwide. We specialize in hard-to-find and out-of-production boat parts. Our staff is committed to the success of our business and the satisfaction of our customers, both domestically and abroad.
Seeking a career with a growing, family-owned business where your drive, voice and ideas matter? Give Great Lakes Skipper a look.
Pleasant Prairie, WI