Great Lakes Rubber and Supply (GLR), located in Milwaukee, WI, is a mid-size industrial distributor of seal solutions for hundreds of OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) worldwide. We service a variety of industries including medical, automotive, heavy duty, general industrial, and defense.
We have been in business for over 65 years, and pride ourselves on our outstanding family-style culture and customer service that make us a leader in the distribution industry.
Job Functions –
We are looking for a Sales Representative to maintain and grow our customer base in the Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin regions. We are looking for a strong sales professional who can sell industrialized seals, fittings, hoses, and other related products to OEMs and their sub-suppliers. The position will report directly to our VP of Sales and work closely with our President, as well as key customers, to help maintain our culture of a great atmosphere and high -quality standards.
· Manage existing customer relationships and base of business while actively seeking new opportunities with existing base.
· Actively pursue and develop new OEM customers.
· Work actively with key suppliers to develop business with new and existing customers.
· Develop and maintain technical knowledge of company products and supplier offerings, application features, advantages, and benefits
· Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in marketplace
· Drive conversion of competitive accounts to GLR
· Work with VP of Sales to initiative new sales opportunities in adjacent product lines or industries
· Attend sales training and continually work to improve sales skills
· Develop community relationships for referral and sales opportunities
· Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred
· 3 - 5 years of B2B industrial technical or distributor sales.
· Experience in industrial technical products preferred.
· Excellent PC computer skills – MS Word, Office and advanced skills in Excel
· Must be a self starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision