Human Resources Manager - Charlotte, NC
Great Lakes Petroleum Co
- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Assist with training and development, employee relations, disciplinary actions, performance management and advise company managers on HR issues.
- Develops and administers company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Promotes positive employee relations through creation, communication, and interpretation of human resources policies and programs.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supports the employee workforce as the primary HR point of contact to address questions, concerns, and grievances.
- Conducts employee investigations and initiate coaching and counseling, disciplinary actions and terminations as needed.
- Coordinates and executes recruiting and retention strategies and oversees the pre-screening, interviewing, assessment, and hiring of candidates.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Partners with hiring managers and other appropriate managers to anticipate and plan for staffing needs.
- Coordinates and supervises all HR activities, communications, reports, requests, and documents.
- Reviews and suggests changes in policies and procedures based on employee and company needs.
- Establishes and maintains training programs, performance appraisal process, compensation systems, and benefit programs.
- Coordinates exit interview process and procedures and communicates findings to management.
- Reviews employee relations issues and recommends appropriate responses to management.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records in a secure and confidential manner.
- Updates employee payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in personal data, exemptions, insurance coverage, job titles, pay rates, deductions, department/division transfers, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Human Resources Team
- The Human Resources Manager must have solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes
- Must be well-versed in each of the human resources disciplines - training and development, employee relations, employment law, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, and recruitment.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of related HR work experience.
Great Lakes Petroleum Co
BusinessView all jobs at Great Lakes Petroleum Co
Get fresh Administrative Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.