Regional Director of Operations
Join our Great Lakes Management senior leadership team in this key, full-time role! The Regional Director of Operations will maximize the value of the properties under management by providing inspired leadership. The Regional Director of Operations will also maximize employee effectiveness through proper selection, development, coaching and motivation. This position will supervise the Executive Directors within their portfolio, and in turn, their direct reports.
The Regional Director of Operations will be supervised by the EVP of Operations but will be required to act independently on a day-to-day basis in the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of five to seven years of multiple-site senior housing property management experience. Professional senior housing property management designations and/or a Real Estate License is preferred.
- Must possess a current LALD certification.
- Able to understand financial reports, balance sheets and develop budgets for senior housing communities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle for use in site visits, and the state-mandated level of auto insurance.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and abilities to secure the cooperation and effective performance of site staff.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and equipment, including database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize projects.
- Customer service orientation. Able to work productively and positively with all staff, management, vendors, residents and others to achieve objectives.
- Able to plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Appropriately maintain financial and other company confidential information.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Financial Operation of Senior Housing Communities
- Constantly monitors financial operation of senior housing communities within the portfolio through review of financial reports and contracts review.
- Monitors weekly marketing and census reports.
- Develops annual budgets.
- Prepares/oversees preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly owner reports.
- Plans for and prioritizes capital improvements.
- Reviews and approves appropriate expenses.
Selection, Supervision and Development of Staff
- Interviews and makes hiring decision for Executive Director positions and key positions within each community within the portfolio.
- Trains, coaches and inspires direct reports to achieve success.
- Provides support and assistance to direct reports in the resolution of employee performance related issues. Participates in termination of employees when the situation requires.
- Communicates established goals for each property to employees, creating ongoing focus toward the accomplishment of these goals.
- Conducts effective and timely performance evaluations with direct reports.
- Reviews and approves employee compensation.
- Provides Operations, Fair Housing and all other required training to portfolio staff.
Marketing and Leasing of Senior Housing Communities
- In collaboration with the EVP of Sales and Corporate Marketing Team:
- Develops and oversees community marketing plans.
- Monitors marketing and leasing activity to ensure that each community achieves occupancy goals.
- Maintains Secret Shop Score of 90% and better.
- Coordinates Sales Marketing Training for site-based Marketing Teams
Physical Facility Oversight
- In collaboration with the VP of Asset Management:
- Performs annual physical inspections at each community.
- Establishes and oversees preventive maintenance programs.
- Establishes positive vendors and supplier relationships.
- Oversees the resolutions of maintenance issues.
- Ensures compliance with governmental regulations and company policies.
- Oversees site correspondence, paperwork, property files, rent collection and computer activity.
- Coordinates the review and appropriate resolution of resident concerns when necessary.
Property Owner and Professional Relations
- Meets with property owners to update them on current operation of communities, respond to questions and discuss/plan for future goals and objectives.
- Responds to Owner concerns.
- Participates in seminars, professional training sessions, company and industry meetings, site functions, etc.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure, as well as a generous benefit package! Apply today to begin your career with Great Lakes Management, one of the largest senior housing providers in the state of MN, and help us make a positive difference in the lives of others!
Great Lakes Mgmt CoMinneapolis, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.