The Marketing & Proposal Coordinator has responsibility for coordinating all aspects of proposal preparation and related document control required for commercial and government bids and proposals and also supports the Sales and Marketing effort of GLEI with focused Statements of Qualifications; web page support, brochures, and newsletter content; display booth management; promotional items and apparel; and other efforts that develop and promote the brand/image of the company. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with the Senior VP of Business Development to create and manage a centralized proposal tracking system and work flow;
· Assist with identification of the appropriate production tools and software to support the company wide proposal effort;
· Manage a proposal filing system and record archive;
· Develop and maintain the in-house Project Description and Resume data base;
· Assume a leadership role in coordinating GLEI’s response to RFPs, RFBs, IFBs, RFQs and all other forms of hard copy and electronic commercial and government solicitations;
· Contribute to the preparation of proposals and focused SOQs with written copy, graphics, editing, and tailoring of existing text to better feature GLEI qualifications for a given project;
· Coordinate internally with Health and Safety, Contracts, and Accounting to provide current HS statistics, Company Representations and Certifications, Insurance Certificates, Proposal Clarifications/Exceptions; and Bonds on each proposal as required;
· Assume responsibility for final proposal production and client delivery (required number of copies to the appropriate response address by the stipulated submittal deadline);
· Coordinate Trade Show participation, booth logistics, maintenance, and upkeep;
· Assist in the quarterly development and ongoing revision of Web Page Content, Brochure Content;
· Assist in Publishing a quarterly GLEI company newsletter;
· Source, purchase, and manage an inventory of GLEI promotional items and apparel as necessary to support Trade Show and related promotional events;
· Perform graphic design for proposals, SOQs, Brochures, and Corporate Presentations as necessary.
· Assist in the Administration of CRM Database (SalesForce).
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, or equivalent required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite with advanced knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
· Strong graphic design skills
· Must be a creative and forward thinker with a strong desire to learn
· Ability to problem solve and conduct research
· Exceptional writing, grammar, and editing skills
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Attention to detail a must
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is essential.
Sitting for an extended period is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers and FAX machines.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of GLEI to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. GLEI is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors and co-workers.