We are seeking a talented accounting professional for a full-time position located in our Cranberry Township business office. The Staff Accountant will assist with all financial processes in the organization, including payroll, billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable. This is a great opportunity with an established firm. Starting salary of $45,000-$55,000 with comprehensive benefits.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting Controller in day-to-day, monthly, and year-end financial operations including contract/grant management, audit processes, and budget review and analysis.
- Performing general account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance and interim contract financial reports.
- Developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Finance, plus a minimum of 3 years’ progressively responsible experience in accounting. Experience in computerized financial systems (GL, AR, AP, Payroll) and strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting, reconciliations, payroll taxes, and other related financial transactions are essential to this role. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience in computerized financial systems (GL, AR, AP, Payroll).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/F/V/D