The role entails a number of duties, tasks, and responsibilities in ensuring safe, effective, and efficient movement of materials and other items from one location to another for the organization. This job is classified as safety sensitive and therefore subject to random drug screening.
This position will include using the sit down forklift, order picker, and stand up counterbalance forklift. - Certification will be done at the job site but experience is a MUST.
- Use warehouse equipment to ensure accurate and efficient receipt, shipment, or movement of materials. Warehouse equipment includes but is not limited to: RF scanners, computers, WMS, printer, pallet jacks, tape guns, etc.
- Carry out simple maintenance of the forklift, like recharging its battery or refueling.
- Identify and report damage or safety concerns to managers, supervisors, and leads.
- Coordinate schedules for inbound and outbound shipments with warehouse leads.
- Support other functional areas of warehouse and inventory management including receiving, inspection, returns processing, cycle counts and shipping.
- Execute the loading/unloading of shipments from the carriers’ trailers/containers.
- Inspect goods to determine if the quality of the product is within company standards and report damages to management for disposition of product.
- Maintain all warehouse equipment including: forklifts, R.F. guns, location racks, computer workstations,
- Attendance and punctuality are an essential job duty.
Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities:
- 6 months of working experience in complex warehouse & distribution environment
- Working knowledge of warehouse & distribution operations including inbound, inventory control, and
- Working knowledge in W.M.S. and Inventory Control Applications preferred (SAP application experience preferred but not required).
- R.F. gun navigation preferred.
3rd Shift/Graveyard 9PM-5:30AM