Administrative and Personal Assistant
Great Foundations Montessori Schools
$18.00 - $22.00/hr. to start depending on experience and skills
Great Foundations Montessori Schools are growing, and we need a competent and capable Administrative and Personal Assistant to join our team. If you enjoy being in a position where your talent can make a difference and be appreciated, this may be the position for you.
This is not “just” an ordinary administrative position. The individual we select will play a vital role in the success of our schools by supporting the Executive Director in her daily professional and personal life so she can focus on high-level tasks. The Administrative / Personal Assistant supports the Executive Director by managing her calendar and routine email; preparing correspondence; preparing documents for meetings; completing various projects and business and personal errands; and planning travel and managing receipts. Additionally, the Administrative / Personal Assistant can expect to prepare and send routine emails; select and order materials for special events; and create, edit and update common school documents.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
· Use your skills and expertise, including with MS Word, Excel and Publisher, Google Docs and Sheets and Adobe Acrobat to proficiently create, proof, edit and/or update various documents, from simple parent emails to executive correspondence to policy and procedure documents and forms, ensuring no grammatical, spelling or formatting errors.
· Organize calendar and appointments; prepare and distribute necessary documentation prior to meetings; document and distribute meeting minutes.
· Research and select cost-effective materials for special event crafts and decorations; place, track, receive and distribute materials in time for schools to prepare for special events.
· Reliably track and complete routine, scheduled, and ad hoc tasks and projects on-time and without reminders.
· Communicate routinely and proactively, ensuring information is passed to the Executive Director or others who should be kept informed. Keep manager informed about progress and problems and avoid surprises.
· Arrange travel and appointments, provide estimates for activities and events, and manage receipts for purchases.
· Complete various business or personal errands, prioritizing as necessary to ensure they are completed on time.
· Maintain confidentiality without fail.
8:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Occasionally needed as early as 6:00 AM or as late as 6:00 PM.
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
· Able to transport materials between schools when necessary (expenses reimbursed).
· College degree preferred.
· Experience in a childcare center or preschool experience helpful.
· Must pass a drug and background check.
· Organizational skills and attention to detail must be a natural talent.
· Appreciates and understands children’s behavior and responds in a mature, non-threatening manner.
· “Roll up your sleeves” and “get the job done” work style.
· Able to manage multiple tasks and projects and see them to completion while maintain accuracy.
· Optimistic outlook that anticipates positive outcomes.
· Willing to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done.
· Works productively and successfully with others.
· Able to “change gears” and adapt as needed to complete tasks.
$18.00 - $22.00/hr. to start depending on experience and skills. Benefits include paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance contribution, 401K match.
To arrange for a confidential interview, upload your resume to this website. Include a cover letter letting us know how your past work experience is a “fit” with the requirements of the position. All qualified resumes will be given the attention and consideration it deserves by the owners of Great Foundations.