General: Responsible for negotiating cost effective pricing with vendors. This individual will execute purchase
orders timely and with great accuracy. In addition, the employee will expedite, forecast, problem
solve, and create reports that support purchasing decisions
Responsible to: Director of Procurement
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to stand and walk daily.
Requires occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, and crouching for special projects.
1. Searches for vendors, obtains quotes, negotiates pricing, and works with leader to develop the best pricing platform
2. Processes daily purchase request activity for assigned locations.
3. Responsible for all inventory adjustments.
4. Assists in maintaining ordering system information accuracy by providing updates on price, product, and supplier information.
5. Reviews and approves supplier discrepant invoices for Accounts Payable.
6. Utilizes purchasing reports to monitor trends of increase or decrease in spend.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of Purchasing policies and procedures to support company goals.
8. Collaborates with all supporting departments to assist in the development of materials management best practices to ensure cost-effective programs.
9. Acts as a resource for all departments regarding product/supply support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic Microsoft Office Suite skills. Will be required to work in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and other software programs as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 4 years’ experience in a purchasing environment working with contracts, vendor relations, and product knowledge.
3. Must be able to utilize negotiating skills.
4. Microsoft Excel skills are required.
5. Must be detail oriented with good organizational and communication skills.
6. Requires critical thinking, problem solving, strong analytical skills.
Great Elm DME