Industrial Engineer - Brazil, INDIANA
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing, documenting, and owning trailer assembly processes through the utilization of lean manufacturing principles. The Industrial Engineer is also responsible for evaluating existing manufacturing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve productivity and develop best practices within the production process. He/she will provide ergonomic analysis and risk mitigation to improve the safety of defined work.
- Implement, support and facilitate Lean Manufacturing principles to improve operational efficiencies and eliminate waste in the refrigerated trailer production facility.
- Perform time studies, capacity analysis, layout/production flow analysis and document standard work in a low volume, high variation facility
- Design flow of work to minimize waste and optimize throughput
- Develop and maintain standard labor hours, cycle time and takt time data
- Use data, information and reports to identify waste in the system and improve operational efficiency by utilizing value stream mapping and other tools
- Improve the flow and storage of material into and through the facility to reduce waste associated movement and handling
- Develop and document staffing plans for each segment of the facility
- Initiate and implement cost reduction projects
- Analysis and improve job safety through ergonomic risk identification and reduction
- Responsible for execution of the facilities PFMEA process
- Evaluate may-buy opportunities through the facility
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Total Work Systems: Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes; seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; delivers the highest-quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; leverages technology to positively impact quality; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Innovation Management: Is good a bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering required
- 3-5 years’ of Manufacturing experience required
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use AutoCad or similar design software
- Deep knowledge in line balancing, manning calculations, productivity analysis/loss analysis, capacity analysis, ergonomic risk analysis, time studies, standardized work, PFMEA, lean manufacturing, and statistical process control
- Experience developing production simulation models
- Six Sigma certification
- Knowledge of Delmia software platform
- Experience with low volume / high complexity manufacturing
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: Work solely in Brazil plant office. Frequent sitting and operating a computer
· Work environment: Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change. Frequent exposure to production areas.
· Travel: Potential visits to vendors, other plants, or corporate office
- Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer