- $17 - $23 / hr - Depending on experience
- Comprehensive Benefit, and Retirement Programs
- This is direct hire role.
- local candidates only
Our client is a local bank where you will be challenged to be your best, where integrity matters and success motivates. They are looking for a Mortgage Loan Assistant who will exceed customers’ expectations through innovative and collaborative thinking and provide a personal approach.
You will be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks related to the documentation, processing and closing of mortgage and consumer loans. Ensure accurate and timely servicing and related customer support activities for the Bank’s loan portfolio, which includes following the best practices in loan servicing related policies, procedures, and business processes; assure compliance with all related State and Federal lending laws and regulations; and providing the highest level of service and support to the Bank’s customers.
- Review files submitted by the Mortgage Loan Officer and verify all application data is complete
- Setting up mortgage loan files, responsible for maintaining department files in an accurate and efficient manner. Requests from customer missing and/or corrected documentation as needed.
- Prepares and sends correspondence to borrowers (Welcome letter and Commitment letter).
- Order required due diligence items (i.e. Appraisals, Environmental Reports, Property Inspections and Flood Searches).
- Refers questionable loans to underwriting for review.
- Follows-up and corrects any items addressed and ensures necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed in a timely manner.
- Works with loan officers and third-party professionals (attorneys, appraisers, inspectors, etc.) in order to close loans in conformity with approved terms and conditions.
- Prepares loan funding information based upon the approval and closing documents.
- Verifies that all pre-closing conditions have been met prior to authorizing funding.
- Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 2+ year’s prior experience in a loan operations or loan closing environment.
- Understanding of real estate transactions
- Knowledge of Flood policy, Reg B, HMDA, and CRA
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow directions in a timely, accurate and confidential manner.
- Strong in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.