- Posted: over a month ago
Graystone Eye is looking for an individual who is willing to serve our patients with one vision in mind:
Exemplary Clinical Outcomes
Unparalleled Experience for Patients,
Employees, and Families
The Financial Assistant assists the CFO by preparing and analyzing data for the financial activities of the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the Board of Directors by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides day-to-day financial & accounting support using an advanced knowledge of Excel skills and analysis and other necessary Accounting software;
- Uses reporting tools to generate monthly budget forecast spreadsheets and confer with Chief Financial Officer in identifying questionable charges and line entries;
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving ledger and budget account issues;
- Ability to process accounts payable and daily cash reconciliations if needed;
- Prepares, submits and ensures successful posting of monthly revenue journals prior to accounting month end;
- Updates financial calendar, spreadsheets, templates and forms as necessary, monitor submissions and prepare other specialized financial reports, charts and presentation materials as needed;
- Assist the CFO in preparing critical measures for the physicians, the practice, the surgery center and any other entities;
- Prepares standardized and specialized financial reports and analyses;
- Assist in reviewing financial transactions some of which may be complex in size or account duration;
- Assist in managing payroll edits and processing payroll in the absence of the HR Director;
- Processes monthly allocations and reconciles financial statements for all entities. This includes but not limited to:
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheets and prepare financial statements
- Prepare the monthly physician allocations
- Review physical inventory reports and make adjustments
- Reconcile injection drug inventory in clinic
- Prepare power point presentations for the CEO and CFO;
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and data entry into the financial reporting;
- Manage departmental petty cash;
- Performs clerical functions incidental to accounting activities;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individuals must have knowledge of accounting principles, excellent communication and organizational skills, proficient on most software applications and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year degree in Accounting or more than 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Graystone Eye