- Expired: March 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Graystone Eye is looking for an individual who is forward-thinking and wants to work in a challenging and rewarding work environment. We are searching for an Accounting Specialist who is responsible for preparing and analyzing data for financial activities of the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides day-to-day financial & accounting support using an advanced knowledge of Excel skills and analysis and other necessary Accounting software;
- Uses reporting tools to generate monthly budget forecast spreadsheets and confer with Chief Financial Officer in identifying questionable charges and line entries;
- Reconciles and resolves ledger and budget account issues;
- Prepares, submits, and ensures successful posting of monthly revenue journals prior to accounting month end;
- Report KPI's for financial benchmarking;
- Reconciles financial statements including but not limited to:
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheets and prepare financial statements
- Calculate physician compensation
- Review physical inventory reports and make adjustments
- Reconcile injection drug inventory in clinic
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and data entry into the financial reporting;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree in Accounting or related field or more than 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred experience in using Microsoft Great Plains or QuickBooks software
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Graystone Eye
Get fresh Accounting Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.