Quality Inspection Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
Grayhill designs and manufactures intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. Standard products include optical encoders, rotary switches, keypads, joysticks, displays, touchscreens and pushbuttons. These components are sold to thousands of customers around the globe. Grayhill also incorporates these standard products into control panels to support a range of major customers in the Healthcare, Agriculture, Construction Equipment and Military markets. Our headquarters are in LaGrange, IL with manufacturing facilities located in McCook and Carpentersville IL, Iola WI and Shenzhen China.
We offer opportunities for talented professionals seeking challenging careers with a proven industry leader.
*Excellent Benefits and Training
*Generous Vacation, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Time
*Clean, Quiet, Air Conditioned and Well Maintained Facilities
Are You Ready to Grow With Us?
Quality Inspection Technician I, 1st Shift
5:30am - 1:30pm (overtime encouraged)
Summary Audit finished products and supplied piece parts for conformance to documented specifications. Checks orders, performs special testing and provides special customer required documentation. Assist customer source inspectors and suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, measure, and record results of First & Last Shots into the QAS electronic database
- Assist with the Final Audit of product as required
- Perform & record complete dimensional analysis of new and revised products
- Perform and record capability studies on critical characteristics when required
- Participate in Gage R&R studies when requested
- Create measurement programs on the Vision system for use in daily production
- Demonstrated understanding of shop mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Demonstrated understanding of blueprint reading and advanced geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
- Experienced in the use of basic and advanced measuring equipment including vision measurement systems, micrometers, dial indicators, drop gages, pin gages, etc.
- Ability to work with close tolerances
Demonstrate the desire & ability to learn these skills for future advancement:
- Perform & compile First Article data, Capability Studies, Control Plans, & PFMEA according to prescribed PPAP process
- Understand & conduct Gage R&R studies
- Understanding of gage calibration systems & principles
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, etc.)
- Understanding of basic SPC concepts
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Or three to six months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
We value diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Grayhill Inc.