Process Quality Engineer
Grayhill designs and manufactures intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. Standard products include optical encoders, rotary switches, keypads, joysticks, displays, touchscreens and pushbuttons. These components are sold to thousands of customers around the globe. Grayhill also incorporates these standard products into control panels to support a range of major customers in the Healthcare, Agriculture, Construction Equipment and Military markets. Our headquarters are in LaGrange, IL with manufacturing facilities located in McCook and Carpentersville IL, Iola WI and Shenzhen China.
We offer opportunities for talented professionals seeking challenging careers with a proven industry leader.
Are You Ready to Grow With Us?
Summary : Provides technical support and analysis necessary to continually improve the quality of final assemblies and sub-assemblies that are built or assembled into Grayhill products with the Quality team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop data collection systems to improve the quality of data and consistency in measurement of production related audits of products and sub-assemblies.
- Develop and maintain an audit function that incorporates control plans and review statistical audit results.
- Develop and implement control plans and audits for part numbers as necessary.
- Adjust audit sample size and frequency based upon the parts yield and field history.
- Insure that both finished goods and sub-assemblies are being audited and recorded for critical to quality characteristics where appropriate.
- Research problems related to in-process inspection, including associate training, methods and tools.
- Place part numbers on hold when audit results indicate there is an inherent design or process issue.
- Reject parts that do not meet final audit criteria and advise appropriate internal groups.
- Facilitate and/or participate in PFMEA (process failure mode and effective analysis) for new designs.
- Maintain and update ISO documentation to meet the changing needs of the Final Audit Function.
- Update ISO/AS documentation and procedures to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of Grayhill's CCA analysis.
- Perform internal audits of Grayhill's AS9100D and ISO9001 procedures and practices. Maintain ISO certification by working with third party auditors.
- Train and/or facilitate training of Grayhill's auditors in the proper methods of inspection and statistical analysis of the results.
- Determine the appropriate final audit sample size and frequency based on customer returns, feedback, ECN activity and production yields.
- Review and compare customer drawings to Grayhill drawings and ensure the audit function is looking at the correct issues per the customers' requirements and specifications.
- Implement final audit processes in all Grayhill manufacturing locations.
- Work with Plant Managers and Business Unit Managers in order to create a consistent quality measurement across all of Grayhill.
- Recommend and justify the purchase of tools, equipment and software to complete audit tasks.
- Meet with customers to address quality issues that relate to in process assembly problems or issues with final audits.
- Attend PFMEA meetings and activities to ensure that the audit functions are looking for the correct issues. Lead and/or document the PFMEA process as requested.
- Provide engineering input on new designs related to best practices in assembly and testing methods.
- BS in Engineering, Science or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of one year training or experience.
- Experience with ISO 17025
We value diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Grayhill Inc.La Grange, IL
ManufacturingView All Grayhill Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.