Traveling Superintendent - Commercial Construction
Gray West Construction Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Gray is currently seeking Retail/ Restaurant - Commercial Traveling Construction Superintendents for projects located throughout the West Region.
Candidates must have proven record at successfully completing construction projects on time and with high customer satisfaction.
Ideal candidates are highly detail oriented, strong problem solvers and possess the ability to work with sub-contractors, owner representatives, city officials and design/ engineering professionals at all levels.
This position will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, ESOP (Stock) and 401k / 403b Plan. Salary is highly competitive and will be based on experience. Project based incentives are available.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A PROJECT LIST FOR CONSIDERATION.
Must have flexibility to travel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies plans and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assist in the development of project schedule and updating of progress construction schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports, i.e. daily, project status and owner required reports.
- Review all drawings, i.e. shop, architectural, structural, etc. when they are issued to the field and coordinate and maintain a current set at all times.
- Coordinate and manage on-site construction activities from pre-start-up to completion.
- Schedule work, including subcontractors and owner vendors.
- Confers with and directs subcontractor supervisory personnel and engages in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specification, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Manages delivery schedule for Owner Supplied Materials and coordinates sub-contractor receipt.
- Confers with supervisory personnel to resolve issues and conflicts and maintain schedule.
- Prepares or review reports on progress and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Establish and maintain HIGH SAFETY AND QUALITY STANDARDS in accordance to company and industry standards
- Manages Quality Control and drives to a Zero- Punch project close.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Job Skills & Required Experience
- Experienced Retail &Restaurant Construction Superintendent with 5-10 years of experience in directly related field
- Ground Up and Tenant Improvement
- New and Open Restaurant Fast Track Schedules.
- Ability to Work to Plan & Specification and to clearing covey conflict and omissions via the RFI process.
- Computer/ Technology-literate
- Excellent communication skills required
- Must have excellent skills in document management
- Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and minimum five years related experience and/or training; or seven experience in TI/ remodels & ground up construction within related fields of project construction.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and clients.
Must have basic business mathematical skills, including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or other forms.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, reach, and talk or hear. They are regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities include accurate near and distant vision.
Gray is one of the nation's leading design, engineering and construction firms focused on best-in-class quality in the construction industry with offices in Alabama, California, Kentucky, North Carolina and Tokyo, Japan. Gray's experience includes projects for the automotive, distribution, food and beverage, manufacturing, hospitality and retail markets.
Our West region office, formerly Gray-I.C.E. Builders is a leading Retail contractor in the western United States. Gray performs a broad spectrum of contracting services for ground-up, new tenant improvement, phased remodel, takeover renovation, design-build and tenant improvement projects. West region core markets are retail construction, hospitality construction and industrial manufacturing plant construction. Gray consistently ranks in the top 20 of National Retail Builders.
CAREERS & COMPANY CULTURE:
It's the spirit of the people at Gray. It is passion, commitment and a great team environment that makes our company a great place to work. We share an unrelenting focus on customer service, passion for creativity, and drive for success that creates a fulfilling and rewarding work environment
Beyond the challenging and rewarding work, it's our people that make Gray a special place. We believe wholeheartedly in learning, discovery, innovation and the joy of work that results in unsurpassed satisfaction for all our team members and every customer. Everyone at Gray brings a dedication and love to the job that is needed to thrive in our fast-paced environment with tight production deadlines. Although we work very hard, we also know how to play when it's time to celebrate our accomplishments.
Our Company is proactive in employing and advancing qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.
Copy & Paste Direct Link Below to Gray Application
Gray West Construction
ConstructionView all jobs at Gray West Construction