Linux Cyber Security Engineer
Gray Tier Technologies is seeking a Linux Cyber Security Engineer who is a self-starter with good analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to work on concurrent tasks in an effective manner. Will be a member of a multi-disciplined team working in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Responsibilities will include deploying, patching, running health checks on all Splunk assets. Managing Splunk indexers and building out Splunk assets. Environment wide scanning and patching using a variety of security tools. May mentor junior security engineers.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 6 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience., or equivalent work experience/training in lieu of degree.
- All personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience.
- Experience with a variety of security tools. Linux System Administration experience.
- Must have 4 years of experience supporting mission critical projects. Understand performance metrics related to security operations. Experience using key cyber and network technologies like Splunk
- Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Defense hands on knowledge.
- Knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Next Gen Antivirus, agent based DLP (Data Loss Prevention), and SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response) applications.
Gray Tier TechnologiesAshburn, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.