Detection Engineer Jr.
- Identify gaps in malicious activity detection capabilities
- Create new signatures / rules to improve detection of malicious activity
- Test and tune existing signatures / rules to ensure low rate of false positives
- Assist in playbook development for alert triage and Incident Response
- Define and implement alert and threat detection metrics, statistics, and analytics
- Recommend new tools/technologies to improve network visibility
- Support Incident Response and Forensic operations as required to include static/dynamic malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Author and maintain scripts for threat detection and automation
The Cyber Threat Detection Engineer SME shall have the following qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Firewalls/Proxies/Intrusion Detection Systems/ Domain Name Servers/DHCP/VPN and other network technologies and tools
- Experience updating, maintaining, and creating IDS variables within a complex enterprise network
- Expert in creating, modifying, tuning IDS signatures/SIEM Correlation Searches/yara rules and/or other detection signatures
- Familiarity with disk based forensic methodologies, Windows, and Linux forensic artifacts
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Carbon Black, Tanium, Crowdstrike, etc
- Able to create, modify, update, and maintain Python and Powershell scripts that enhance endpoint detection capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts within SOAR platform
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Should have 5 years of experience serving as a digital media analyst or as a computer forensic analyst.
Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
Gray Tier TechnologiesAshburn, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.