Gray Matter Neuropsychology PC East Rockaway, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an upbeat, energetic and focused Receptionist to manage our front desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks along with medical billing. As a receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. Ultimately, a receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. This position is hourly to transition to salary pending performance.
· Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
· Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
· Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
· Verify patient eligibility.
· Answer high volume phone calls, schedule appointments and maintain accurate and up-to-date patient charts.
· Gather demographic, insurance and health information over the phone to schedule patients.
· Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
· Schedule, cancel and reschedule therapy and testing appointments while keeping clinicians and manager informed and up to date on all active patients throughout the day.
· Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
· Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
· Submit order forms to Office Manager for front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
· Update calendars and schedule meetings.
· Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
· Confirming benefits for new clients.
· Accurately check and record patient eligibility.
· Following up on denied claims.
· Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Familiar with EMR servers.
· Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers).
· Professional attitude and appearance.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Customer service attitude.
· High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
· Must be proficient in excel, knowledge of pivot tables a plus.
· Knowledge of insurance terms and prior experience with eligibility and benefits a must.
Gray Matter Neuropsychology PC
426 Atlantic AvenueEast Rockaway, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Gray Matter Neuropsychology PC