Senior Software Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gray Analytics, an emerging and rapidly expanding small business specializing in Hypersonics, Cybersecurity, DevSecOps, Digital Forensics, and Supply Chain, is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual that will thrive in a small company by applying their skills to resolve challenges while learning new skills along the way. Without the bureaucracy that often exists in larger corporations, Gray Analytics can offer increased flexibility, more visibility, and greater opportunities along with big-time benefits, such as a flexible paid time-off policy. Gray Analytics' experienced leadership has successfully grown several companies, and we believe in taking care of our people, who in turn will carry out Gray Analytics' mission.
Thank you for considering our company, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
Position: Senior Software Systems Engineer
Status: Full Time Exempt
This is a Systems Engineer position supporting a government software office addressing Army Air and Missile Defense systems, with focus on Mission Command systems. This system engineering position will provide engineering analysis and assessment to support future mission command software development efforts. Tasks will include developing system level concepts, proposed solution and acceptance criteria, and working with the Solution management team to prioritize Epic development. The system engineer must be highly organized with a strong technical background in system engineering principles and requirements decomposition.
The candidate in this role will function within the project office's Mission Command Product office and will work with both contractors, government civilians and system operators. The candidate must have experience in at least one of the following areas: tactical command and control systems, tactical weapons systems, tactical sensor systems, embedded software, real-time software, near real-time software, or distributed software. The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment and be willing to engage various levels of stakeholders to ensure that software is capable of meeting the needs of the intended users.
- Must be a US Citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field is required.
- 10 or more years of System Engineering experience.
- Background in requirements decomposition, MBSE, Modular Open Systems Architectures and Use case development.
- Candidate needs to have a record of taking initiative and being a team player in a small team environment.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- System engineering experience in support of DoD programs is preferred, especially in an Army Air and Missile Defense program is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with both development staff and end users and strong work ethic.
- Experience with systems engineering in an Agile methodology highly desired. SAFe© Agile experience a plus.
- Candidate must be able to acquire or possess (as well as maintain) a US Secret security clearance.
*Please note all applications remain active for up to 6 months. Do not reapply for a position if you already have an active application on file
Gray Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Gray Analytics, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Gray Analytics