- Posted: over a month ago
Gray Analytics, an emerging and rapidly expanding small business specializing in Hypersonics, Cybersecurity, DevSecOps, Digital Forensics, and Supply Chain, is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual that will thrive in a small company by applying their skills to resolve challenges while learning new skills along the way. Without the bureaucracy that often exists in larger corporations, Gray Analytics can offer increased flexibility, more visibility, and greater opportunities along with big-time benefits, such as a flexible paid time-off policy. Gray Analytics' experienced leadership has successfully grown several companies, and we believe in taking care of our people, who in turn will carry out Gray Analytics' mission.
Thank you for considering our company, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
Position: Network Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Status: Full Time Exempt
Gray Analytics is seeking a Network Engineer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and solve hardware/software interface problems on complex weapon systems.
- Define input/output parameters and ensure integration of the entire weapon system or subsystem in ad-hoc environment while working individually or in a team environment
- Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system level design and decomposition into requirements
- Participate in studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
- Lead other engineers, whether peers or juniors, in technical tasks
- Participate in design reviews and technical product reviews
- Configure networks using network routers and switches
- Configure, operate, and support network appliances such as switches, firewalls, and encryptors
- Create Visio drawings for reference use
- Define, document, and maintain network release architectures, interfaces, configurations, and protocols
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans in support of network installations and upgrades
- Establish network test environments for data communication links and data flow to simulate operational environments
- Identify system deficiencies and provide recommendations for network and system enhancements
- Provide diagnosis, troubleshooting, and recovery of Sponsor's networks and field collection systems
- Provide systems level engineering support to troubleshoot network problems and coordinate problem resolutions
- Maintain router and switch configurations
- Recommend ways to improve reliability, availability, and maintainability of the network
- Provide and possess the ability to maintain logical separation of collections from partners across transports
- Establish dynamic routing protocol to enable fault tolerance
- Perform Network Address Translation (NAT) functions to shield external Internet Protocol 9IP) space form internal IP space
- Maintain and improve management network capable of providing monitoring logging, alerting, and auditing
- Configure virtual software defined infrastructure that maintains logical separation for each operation, test environment and development domain
- Engineer solutions using complementary commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products to increase network functionality for customer mission
- Support mixed environments, both Linux and Windows, using Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Kerberos and other utilities and/or services such as remote desktop, Secure Shell (SSD) and command line interface
- Support the Sponsor with vulnerability assessment including the evaluation of specific configurations of network devices and network enabled software applications on Windows and Linux platforms
- Perform advanced configuration and administration of Linux based networking equipment and Linus systems
- Education: BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (5+ years)
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, Windows, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos and other utilities and/or services such as remote desktop, SSH and command line interface
- Demonstrated experience with General Dynamics Tactical Fastlane (TACLANE) configuration to include upgrade management, configuration of keying material firefly vector set (FFVS) and Pre-placed Key (PPK) chain creation.
- Demonstrated experience configuring virtual software defined infrastructure that maintains logical separation for each operation, test environment, and development domain
- Demonstrated experience performing Network Address Translation (NAT) functions to shield external IP space from internal IP space
- Demonstrated experience with network engineering concepts (SD, TCP/IP, packet/frame architecture, IPv4/IPv6, tunneling protocols, VXLAN) and routing protocols
- Demonstrated experience managing network security, including security documentation, and network diagrams
- CONUS travel estimate is 15%
- Demonstrated experience with the design, engineering and implementation of a VMware-based infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) in support of enabling multi-tenant environments while providing network level isolation
- Demonstrated experience working with Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD503 to ensure systems security and integrity
- Certifications: CCNA or CCNP
- Must have a current DOD secret clearance. This contract requires a security clearance, and eligible candidates must be U.S. citizens.
*Please note all applications remain active for up to 6 months. Do not reapply for a position if you already have an active application on file.
Gray Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Gray Analytics, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?