Hypersonic Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer
- Expired: January 17, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gray Analytics, an emerging and rapidly expanding small business specializing in Hypersonics, Cybersecurity, DevSecOps, Digital Forensics, and Supply Chain, is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual that will thrive in a small company by applying their skills to resolve challenges while learning new skills along the way. Without the bureaucracy that often exists in larger corporations, Gray Analytics can offer increased flexibility, more visibility, and greater opportunities along with big-time benefits, such as a flexible paid time-off policy. Gray Analytics' experienced leadership has successfully grown several companies, and we believe in taking care of our people, who in turn will carry out Gray Analytics' mission.
Thank you for considering our company, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
Position: Hypersonic Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer
Location : Huntsville, AL
Position Description :
Gray Analytics provides exceptional services and products to meet our customer needs. We need sharp and ambitious engineers who are ready to solve problems and expand our hypersonics business area.
Selected candidates will support software development of physics-based modeling and simulation, machine learning applications, digital scene injection applications, system integration, testing and engineering analysis for a hypersonic missile defense program.
The candidate will support the customer in Huntsville Alabama. The majority of work will be performed in a hybrid at-home/in-office environment, but may also include time at Government facilities, integration laboratories and hypersonic test facilities. Travel <10%.
- Self-starter with an interest in machine learning, solving hard problems, ability to learn on the fly, and the ability to integrate into a fast-paced team that often works remotely.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent Science/Engineering field from an ABET accredited school.
- Simulation software development in a Linux environment
- Experience with C++ and Python software development or other similar languages
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the North Alabama area.
- US Citizen with a current US DoD Secret Clearance or possess/meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with Git configuration management
- Experience with WOSA or other open system architecture standard
- Experience with missile interfaces and messaging protocols
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, data reduction, uncertainty analysis, data visualization
- Ability to contribute technical expertise throughout the system lifecycle including design, integration, test, and delivery to operations
- Experience with online Collaboration tools (e.g., TEAMS, Sharepoint, Zoom)
Salary Considerations will be based on technical qualifications and experience.
*Please note all applications remain active for up to 6 months. Do not reapply for a position if you already have an active application on file
Gray Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Gray Analytics, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.
Get fresh Software Simulation jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.