Hypersonic Missile Defense Data Scientist
- Expired: January 29, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gray Analytics, an emerging and rapidly expanding small business specializing in Hypersonics, Cybersecurity, DevSecOps, Digital Forensics, and Supply Chain, is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual that will thrive in a small company by applying their skills to resolve challenges while learning new skills along the way. Without the bureaucracy that often exists in larger corporations, Gray Analytics can offer increased flexibility, more visibility, and greater opportunities along with big-time benefits, such as a flexible paid time-off policy. Gray Analytics' experienced leadership has successfully grown several companies, and we believe in taking care of our people, who in turn will carry out Gray Analytics' mission.
Job Title: Hypersonic Missile Defense Data Scientist
Location: Huntsville, AL
Class: Full-Time, Exempt
Gray Analytics provides exceptional services and products to meet our customer needs. We need sharp and ambitious candidates who are ready to solve problems and expand our hypersonics business area.
Selected candidates will support the design and implementation of ML/AI applications to solve problems unique to hypersonic missile defense within a cloud-based digital engineering architecture. Efforts will also focus on integrating ML/AI applications with CI/CD pipeline and DevSecOps best practices.
The candidate for this position will be expected to leverage machine learning and AI technologies to analyze large, complex data sets, produce predictive models based on historical data and analysis, and develop effective visualizations to highlight key data findings and patterns.
The candidate will support the customer in Huntsville Alabama. The majority of work will be performed in a hybrid at-home/in-office environment, but may also include time at Government facilities, integration laboratories and hypersonic test facilities. Travel <10%.
- A MS or PhD degree in a Systems/Electrical/Mathematics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an ABET accredited school is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience with the design, development, and testing of ML/AI applications and processes
- Experience with software development with an ML/AI toolset focus - Python, C#, Web services/REST APIs
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models)
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics)
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and communication abilities
- Software development experience related to design, integration, simulation, test, and analysis of missile systems
- Resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the North Alabama area.
- US Citizen with a current US DoD Secret Clearance or possess/meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with C3.AI applications/toolsets
- Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming)
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency Ground Test or Flight Test Data
- Organizational skills to oversee development of test and analysis plans, data reduction and analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
- Ability to generate design documentation and presentation material
- Able to contribute technical expertise throughout the system lifecycle including design, integration, test, and deployment
- Organizational and Interpersonal skills to design, develop, integrate, and test ML/AI capabilities as part of a larger team
- Experience with On-line Collaboration tools (e.g., TEAMS, Sharepoint, Zoom)
Salary Considerations will be based on technical qualifications and experience.
*Please note all applications remain active for up to 6 months. Do not reapply for a position if you already have an active application on file
Gray Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Gray Analytics, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.
Get fresh Exempt DATA Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.